Style

5 Boots You Need During Fall in Florida

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons because you get to binge-watch Halloween movies, eat a bunch of pumpkin-flavored goodies and go to football games. Real Floridians know we always have to vacation elsewhere to actually feel like it’s fall. Florida is known for its heat — but it’s super disappointing when all you want to do is throw on a chunky sweater, and it’s 80 degrees.

Boots are a fall staple, and living in Florida, I find it hard to commit to buying any boots until it’s at least 60 degrees. Don’t wait around for Florida to cool down because these boots are perfect for fall fashion but won’t make you sweat on your walk to class!

White pointed-toe boots

I’m a big fan of cowboy boots, but that may not be your style, or they might be a little much for a coffee date. These pointed boots from Steve Madden are the perfect blend of trendy and western to upgrade your fall looks. You can throw on some ripped jeans, a breezy t-shirt and a cardigan with these boots. They will make a statement without you having to go overboard on the fall fashion.

Chelsea boots

Let’s face it: Florida is known for its heat but also the afternoon showers that seem to pop up just when you have to walk to class without an umbrella. These Chelsea boots from Jeffrey Campbell serve two purposes: looking cute and staying dry. They’re waterproof, so you don’t need to worry about getting soaked before your lecture. You can even wear these when the weather is nice. Just pair them with some skinny jeans, a button-up blouse and, if you are feeling it, a fun hat.

Snakeskin booties

Snakeskin is my new obsession. It can be the perfect statement in your outfit or even serve as a neutral. No matter how bold or subtle you want to make it, these snakeskin booties from Steve Madden are the perfect addition to your fall wardrobe. They can be dressed up for a night out or dressed down for a low-key Saturday afternoon. And the best part is they have a cut-out, made with us Floridians in mind! Don’t worry about sweaty ankles with these fun booties. Pair these with a t-shirt tucked into a cute denim skirt for a fun and flirty fall look.

Edgy buckle boots

For my edgy girls, these boots from Chinese Laundry are perfect for you. These black buckled boots make a statement while still being acceptable to wear during the hotter days. You can wear these to class, dinner or even hanging out on the weekends. You can wear these with high-waisted shorts, a comfy tank and a fun jean jacket to take your wardrobe from drab to fab during pumpkin everything season.

Neutral booties

Last, but certainly not least, you can opt for simple boots for your fall wardrobe. These Lucky Brand booties are the perfect neutral shoes that match almost everything in your closet. This is great for those who want to be comfortable and cute but also participate in fall festivities. Wear these booties to the pumpkin patch or when you stop by Starbucks for a coveted Pumpkin Spice latte. These will go with just about everything, but you can always dress them up with a suede skirt and light sweater for those 70-degree days.

No matter the temperature, you can still enjoy fall festivities despite living in Florida. The leaves may not be changing, but your wardrobe can with these five fall boots made with hotter temperatures in mind!

Hi I'm Bailey! I'm a Jesus loving, coffee drinking 20 something year old college student. I love the Florida Gators, the color navy, and carbs. Follow along while I try to balance school and my love of fashion!