The 5 Best Places to Study Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Studying abroad is one of the most exciting and liberating experiences a collegiette can have. Not only are you exploring a foreign place, but you are also living among its people and immersing yourself in the culture. There are so many incredible study abroad destinations to choose from, so Her Campus UFL is here to help narrow them down and consider five of the best places across the pond.

5. Munich, GermanyMunich boasts museums, theaters and famous celebrations like Oktoberfest and Springfest. Overflowing with history, it is one of the most prosperous cities in Germany. Outside of the classroom, you can spend your free time shopping on the Marienplatz or tasting beer at the world-famous Hofbräuhaus. Along with the traditional biergartens, Munich also has some of the most beautiful parks in Europe. This modern city is fun and easy to navigate, and it has so much to offer.

4. Semester at SeaIf you are looking for an abroad experience that truly takes you all around the world, Semester at Sea is the best option. Virtually a floating university, Semester at Sea has everything you need to set sail on the educational voyage of a lifetime. Students are given the opportunity to experience different cultures as the ship travels from port to port. You can visit countries like Thailand, Burma, Japan and India all before returning back home. Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it?

3. Sydney, AustraliaSydney is the perfect city for a unique adventure down under. The relaxed and friendly locals speak English (consider this if you want to avoid a foreign language), and there’s also slightly more exotic locals like kangaroos, koala bears and wallabies! Both are welcoming and ready to share their habitat with curious students. Sydney is a great place to study marine biology, geography or zoology. The breezy climate and endless beaches make studying abroad in Australia seem more like an extended vacation. Just remember our seasons are opposite from one another!

2. Prague, Czech RepublicThis city is becoming a more popular destination in Europe. The amazing architecture is reminiscent of gothic times, and despite its small size, there is so much to do and see. There are many historic landmarks and monuments in Prague. One of the greatest sights is the Prague Castle, which overlooks the entire city. Prague also has one of the most underrated nightlife scenes in Europe, and if you don’t want to spend your entire life savings on one semester, living in the Czech Republic is very affordable.

1. Florence, ItalyFlorence is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here, students can soak up the history of this amazing city while learning Italian and studying in century-old buildings. The art, the culture, the leather… are we missing anything? Ah, yes. The food. If food is a passion of yours, look no further. Italians really outdo themselves in this department. For less than 10 euros, you can grab a margherita pizza, a full cup of gelato and enjoy lunch by the Ponte Vecchio. Yes, it really is as perfect as it sounds.

These are just a few of our suggestions for study abroad destinations, but the possibilities are endless. If you have a chance to study abroad while you’re in college, take the plunge and go for it. For more information about studying abroad to these destinations and more, visit the UF International Center, located in the Hub.

ALSO READ: 14 Reasons to Study Abroad

Samantha is a passionate and motivated senior in the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida. In her free time she enjoys reading entertainment and fashion magazines. She is excited to move to New York City upon graduating in May of 2015. She hopes to pursue a career that is fulfilling and exciting. GO GATORS!