The University of Florida’s College of Journalism and Communications is one of the best in the country. It’s home to multiple student organizations, amazing professors and dedicated students. What is best about the college, however, is the bond students in the college share. There are just some things that you only understand if you are within one of the college’s four majors.
1. You’re convinced your college is the greatest because there is CNN playing 24/7.
2. You’ve driven at least 45 minutes for a story or an assignment.
3. At this point you don’t even consider Ocala far away.
4. The Innovation News Center gives you actual anxiety.
5. It’s home to sleepless nights, pokey sticks and rushing to turn your projects in.
6. Election night is the most exciting night of the year.
7. Twitter has been an extremely important part of at least one of your classes.
8. Coffee helps you through the good projects, and the bad.
9. You immediately feel cooler walking into the AHA! Lab.
10. The Agency has a similar effect.
11. The advisors are actually amazing.
12. You walk into the PATH office feeling stressed…
13. And walk out feeling so much better.
14. The student organizations are also great.
15. JCA, Ad Society, NBS, SPJ and PRSSA give you life.
16. You put off taking reporting until the last possible semester.
17. You’ve heard too many horror stories to not be a little afraid of the course.
18. You know someone who is on television, radio, or routinely published in The Independent Florida Alligator.
19. And you know at least five people that want to be a sports reporter.
20. It’s normal to see someone lugging around expensive equipment.
21. Grammar is very important to you.
22. All of your professors are actually pretty great.
23. You don’t understand how someone could not want to be in this college.
24. Weimer Hall is your home away from home.
And you wouldn’t have it any other way…
Photo Credits: giphy.com, my.jou.ufl.edu