15 Things to do When you Get Your Acceptance From UF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.
The anticipation is over. The anxiously awaited day has arrived — UF acceptance day. A *huge* congratulations to the new UF class of 2020! We can’t for all you baby Gators to be an official part of the Gator Nation. For now, here is a list of 15 things to do now that you’ve been accepted. 

1. Do your happy dance
You’re in. You did it. You’re officially a Gator. Welcome to the University of Florida, aka the best school in the nation. 

2. Turn down your acceptance to FSU
You mean FSWho? TBH, we all know it was your safety school. 

3. Post your acceptance news on social media
It’s okay to brag… this is a big deal. The University of Florida is known to be a tough school to get accepted to. Be proud, baby Gator! 

4. Perfect your Gator chomp
This is important. RIGHT OVER LEFT. I REPEAT, RIGHT OVER LEFT. 

5. Figure out where you want to live and who you want to live with
The majority of incoming freshmen choose to live in on-campus dorms. But don’t worry! If you don’t think you can handle communal bathrooms, UF offers apartment-style dorms or luxury off-campus housing

6. Stock up on orange and blue attire
I promise, you can never have too much orange and blue in your closet. It’s a great color combo. 

7. Join the UF class of 2020 Facebook page
Your class page is a perfect way to meet new people in your graduating class and maybe even find a roommate. Here, whether you have questions about classes or recommendations on dorms, answered will be provided! 

8. Learn the Gator football fight songs
There’s nothing like Saturdays in The Swamp while singing “We are the boys,” even if you do have your arm around a sweaty stranger. 

9. Enjoy the rest of high school
Soon, you’ll be in college and thrown into a completely new atmosphere. You may be ready to leave high school, but enjoy it while it lasts. Hang out with your friends who are going to different schools and enjoy your carefree lifestyle. College will quickly become a lot more responsibility. 

10. Cherish family time
All of the sudden, you’re leaving the home you’ve been in for 18 years to a place you might have visited once or twice. Homesickness is common, so make sure to enjoy all the time you can get with you family before you leave! You might not think so now, but you will miss it while away at school. 

11. Make a Gainesville bucket list
A lot of people see Gainesville as a small town filled with only college kids. But in reality, there is so much more going on. Between beautiful state parks filled with wildlife, natural springs for swimming and tubing and a historical downtown district, there is always something to do on your weekends off. 

12. Research campus organizations
There is such much to get involved with at UF! There’s Greek Like, service organizations, dance clubs, sports teams and so much more! If you research what’s offered now to find out what you may be interested in, it could make your transition to college much smoother. 

13. Figure out what you want to study
It’s 100 percent okay and extremely common to not declare a major right away. Students often change their major up to five or six times. You’ll figure out along the way, but it’s best to start thinking about it sooner than later.

14. Start saving money
Somehow all your money goes down the drain when entering college. Start saving your pennies… or ask Grandma for money “for textbooks.” 

15. Lastly, get excited! 
Being an undergrad at UF will be the best four years of your life. Welcome to the Gator Nation. Go Gators! 
Hannah is a rising senior at the University of Florida studying public relations and business administration. She has been with Her Campus UFL since her sophomore year on the PR and Events Team. For three semesters, she served as the PR and Events Assitant Director. Hannah is now the co- campus correspondent for the UF chapter and will be interning at the HC headquarters in Boston during Summer 2016. In her free time, you can find her eating pizza and binge watching Grey's Anatomy for the third time.
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!