12 Things a Single College Girl Has to Deal With in December

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In the midst of mistletoe, Christmas trees, hot cocoa and shopping for gifts, the holiday season has a way of reminding you of just how single you are. Don’t get me wrong: Holidays can be just as fun when you’re single as when you’re in a relationship. However, if you’d like to be in a relationship during this time of the year, they can seem extra lonely. If you’re taking the holidays on solo this year, then you’ll probably find yourself dealing with a few of the following dilemmas:

1. You have to see the constant flow of your friends’ cute holiday couple pictures on your Instagram feed while you’re snapping selfies with your dog — cute but not the same.2. You wish life were like all the Hallmark movies you spend your Saturday nights watching.3. You want someone to warm your hands, but it looks like mittens will have to do this year… again.4. Who are you going to cuddle up and watch your favorite Christmas movie with? It’s a Wonderful Life, anybody?5. There are those awkward moments under the mistletoe…6. You have to explain to your family members (again) why you’re still single even though you go to a school with thousands of young men.7. You have to deal with people constantly trying to set you up with a “friend of a friend.”8. You don’t have anyone to bring as your plus-one to Christmas parties, and you won’t get to be anyone’s plus-one.9. You have to deal with the never-ending Christmas love songs on the radio. “On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… nothing.”

But it’s not all bad…10. There’s no need to stress over what to get a significant other, and instead, you can place your own Christmas wishes  at the top of your holiday shopping list.11. Instead of bouncing around between different Christmas parties, you get to enjoy time with your loved ones and cherish the gift of family this holiday season.12. This winter, you can focus on being flirty and fabulous. Enjoy yourself first, and then your Hallmark moment will come.

Even though it can seem extra lonely to spend the holiday season alone, it is still the happiest time of the year, so don’t let your solitary status bring you down. Instead, embrace it. Fill this holiday season with friends, family, flirting and festivities. Have a fabulous holiday season, collegiettes!

Photo credit:www.funnyjunk.com

Morgan is a public relations freshman at the University of Florida and is a new addition to the Her Campus UFL team. She recently moved to Gainesville from the small city of Deltona, Florida in order to embark on a new journey in her life. She is best described as a motivated individual who does everything to the best of her ability and likes to look good while doing it. Morgan is passionate about fashion, online shopping, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. In her free time she enjoys retail therapy, catching up with her friends and family, spending time outside, and cheering on the Florida Gators.