Style > Beauty

11 Amazing Drugstore Beauty Products Every Collegiette Needs to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When it comes to makeup, higher cost doesn’t always mean better quality. If you want to shop the top beauty merchandise on a college student budget, here’s 11 drugstore products I recommend.

1. Maybelline Facestudio® Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick

For beginners new to contouring, this is definitely a worth-while purchase. This crème contour-highlight stick is so easy to apply and blends seamlessly for a natural effortless contour without the hassle. The only downside to the product, is that with daily use, the stick will dull easily and won’t last very long. But that’s just one small price to pay for the affordability and convenience of this contour stick.

Try the Maybelline Facestudio® Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick ($10.99 at Maybelline)

2. NYX Makeup Setting Spray, Matte

This stuff is a miracle worker. After it went viral last August for a hilarious review, I knew I had to try it. I used it for the first time on the morning of a noon football game, and I was shocked to see that through all the heat and sweating from the fame, all my makeup looked almost identical to how it looked when I left the house! This is probably my favorite product from the list, and you really can’t beat the price compared to other setting sprays of similar quality.

Try the NYX Makeup Setting Spray, Matte ($5.99 at Amazon).

3. L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara

The first thing I noticed about the product is that its packaging’s close resemblance to the Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced. Next to each other they look almost identical, as were the results! If you don’t want to shell out $23 for the Too Faced mascara, this is an amazing dupe.

Try the Waterproof L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara ($4.36 at Amazon) or the Washable L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara ($8.97 at Amazon).

4. L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer

This dual ended brow styling tool is great for both dramatic bold eyebrows and natural everyday looks. The pencil end offers very defined, detailed lines that appear to look like natural hairs. The spoolie end has a nice touch to it that brushes through your ‘brows smoothly while grooming them into place.

Try the L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer ($7.99 at Target).

5. Maybelline Master Precise Curvy Liquid Eyeliner

My favorite thing about this eyeliner is how easy it is to control. The felt tip glides on effortlessly in a smooth jet-black line liquid finish, and offers two angles for both wide cat eyes or smooth wings.

Try the Maybelline Master Precise Curvy Eyeliner ($6.10 at Amazon)

6. Ardell False Lashes

They may seem a little extreme in the packaging, but once applied, they look amazing and blend in with your natural lashes. Applying them can be difficult at first if you’re new to it, but with the right glue and tweezers, you’ll get the hang of it. Ardell offers a variety of lash styles that are each great for different occasions.

Try Ardell False Lashes (prices vary on style and size).

7. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara

This was the first mascara I ever bought, and here I am six years later still buying it regularly. It comes with a wand on each end: one for your top lashes, and one for your bottom lashes. The bottom lash brush is the sole reason I keep coming back for this mascara. After two applications, your bottom lashes look so long and defined, that they almost look like falsies. I recently started using Lancôme Hypnôse Drama (my new favorite, NOT sold at drug stores) and this Maybelline mascara is great for de-clumping my lashes if I get carried away with the Hypnôse Drama.

Try Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara ($4.61 at Target), Lancôme Hypnôse Drama ($27.50 at Sephora) or Lancôme Hypnose Drama Travel Size ($13 at Lancôme).

8. Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

There’s something about charcoal that is just great for your pores, and this charcoal cleanser is no exception. It unclogs and refines your pores minimizing the appearance of blackheads. This is great to use in the shower.

Try Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser ($5.99 at Target).

9. Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Face Cleanser

I always use this cleanser immediately before bed, with or without the rest of my skin-care routine. It leaves your skin soft and bright, without oil build up. Because of its 7 in 1 formula, it’s great for any type of skin and has long-lasting effects.

Try Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Face Cleanser ($6.99 at Target).

10. Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick

Whether you’re going for a natural look, or a night out on the town, highlighter is an essential product that will take your whole look to the next level. This easy application stick glides on cheekbones with a smooth finish, leaving your contour popping.

Try the Maybelline Face Studio Master Strobing Stick ($7.99 at Target).

11. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup

Say goodbye to oily skin and clogged pours. With built-in SPF 20, this $8 foundation is a refreshing change for your skin. It feels very light, and almost as if you have no foundation on.

Try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup  ($9.09 at Target).

What are your favorite drugstore beauty finds? Let us know on social — connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Carolina is a third-year journalism major at the University of Florida. After graduation, she plans to reunite with her one true love— New York City. NYC bound, Carolina hopes to, one day, work for one of Hearst’s many magazine publications (*cough, cough* ELLE or Cosmo. She’s honestly not picky; she just wants to be employed) as a Social Media Director. In her rare free time, you can either find her in second-home and first love, Orlando, Florida, or running around town looking for something to write about.