This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Jewelry is so important when helping you complete any look. You may be wondering what some of the trendy jewelry pieces are for 2020, but don’t worry because I’m going to show you 10 trendy jewelry pieces that you can add to your collection, and where to find them at a reasonable price!

Butterfly earrings

Butterflies are super popular right now, so use your jewelry to take advantage of this trend. There have been some really cute pieces made in the shape of butterflies that you should seriously consider adding to your collection. For example, you can purchase these adorable mini butterfly hoop earrings from Altar’d State for $14.95.

Ear climber

Another jewelry trend is ear climbers. For those of us that have piercings going up your ears, you can add in your own earrings to create this same effect. But, if you do not have those piercings, don’t worry because you can take part of this trend by purchasing an ear climber like this silver crystal floral affect chain ear climber from PrettyLittleThing for $8.

Anklets

You may not have thought of anklets as a jewelry piece, but you definitely should! They are super cute items that can be add whenever you are wearing shorts or a beachy outfit, and they’ll help to complete your look. This $6 gold chain and mini circle anklet from PrettyLittleThing has multiple chains with charms, so you can either wear one of them or choose to wear all three! 

Chunky hoops

Hoops have always been a classic jewelry piece, but there is a new hoop earring trend that you should try! Thin hoops used to be the most popular, but these chunky hoops are getting a lot of attention right now, as seen by the many influencers and celebrities wearing them. You can purchase these hoops for $10.99 from Amazon in gold or silver. 

Waist chain 

This is another jewelry piece that you may not have thought of. A waist chain is a perfect jewelry piece to add to a going out outfit, especially if it involves wearing a crop top. This rhinestone heart pendant body chain from Amazon is absolutely adorable and will work with any outfit to add some extra sparkle. 

Pearl necklace

Pearls used to be super popular. Then the trend kind of went away for a little bit. However, it’s back now! Pearl necklaces are finally being worn again, but this time in the form of a choker. So, if you have a pearl necklace stored away, you should bring it back out or purchase a pearl choker like this classic pearl choker necklace from Icing for $4.99. 

Rhinestone choker

If you want the perfect necklace to pair with your going-out outfits or for special occasions, you should get a rhinestone choker. You can buy these chokers with many layers of rhinestones or just one, depending on what kind of look you are going for. This jewelry piece will definitely add all the sparkle you need to your outfits. You can purchase one of these rhinestone chokers for a reasonable price, like this crystal choker necklace for $8.98 on Amazon. 

Zodiac necklace

Astrology and zodiac signs are also getting more attention recently. So, if you’re really into astrology or love being able to show off your zodiac sign, you should get a necklace that represents which sign you are. For example, this crystal choker necklace for $26.96 at Stella & Haas is offered with the zodiac sign and color of your choice. Also, by purchasing this necklace, you’ll be supporting a Black-owned jewelry brand!

Layered necklaces

If you’re obsessed with necklaces, you may want to try out the layered necklace trend. There are so many cute ways that you can wear these necklaces. You can just get just regular chains and layer them, or you can purchase an actual layered necklace like this cute heart layer necklace from Urban Outfitters for $14. 

Midi rings

Midi rings are super popular right now. A great place to buy them is Lace by Tanaya, a Black-owned jewelry brand that sells beautiful pieces for your collection. When it comes to midi rings, you’ll want to take a look at this double curb cuff ring from Lace by Tanaya. It’s a little bit pricier at $55, but you’ll definitely get your money’s worth due to the quality of the piece. Also, this ring can be used as a midi ring or regular ring, so you can purchase as many as you would like to wear.  

If you were looking for some fun new jewelry pieces to add to your collection, or if you were trying to find good places to buy jewelry, I hope this helped you. You should definitely add some of these pieces to your jewelry collection!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.