10 Songs That Are Perfect for Your Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The days are getting longer, the sun is setting later and the weather is getting warmer. This can only mean one thing — spring is officially here. With this change, comes changing out what songs you’ve had on shuffle. Time to switch out your winter tunes for new, bright ones. Don’t know what to choose? No worries. Give these songs a try, you won’t regret it.

“Wash” by Bon Iver

Bon Iver, aka Justin Vernon, is known for his seasonal albums. All of his songs are quite stunning, and this one is no exception. To describe this song, it’s like the harshness and the ice of winter are melting away and you’re opening your eyes to spring. A gentle push towards a warmer and more welcoming time. Slow and unrushed, this one is a true beauty.

“Every Day (Stripped)” by Jeremy Zucker

This one is more mellow, and the lyrics really hold you. A song about love and losing love. It’s that one song that you want to listen to over and over. It’s just that good.

“Undercover Martyn” by Two Door Cinema Club

TDCC is my go-to when I need to revamp my playlist. Their songs are catchy, and you’ll probably catch yourself dancing along. This song is a great addition and is one to listen to while coasting down the highway. With the windows rolled down, of course.

“The Less I Know The Better” by Tame Impala

The lyrics in this song are so good. Not to mention the funky, alternative beat. Play this on full blast and your day will automatically get better.

“Sunset Lover” by Petit Biscuit

This electro chill song is the best song to add. While there are no lyrics, this song is undeniably beautiful. It’s euphoric, fun and great for spring.

“Rich Girl” by Hall & Oates

No matter how many times I listen to this one, it never gets old. Add it, and you’ll see just how much you missed listening to this timeless classic.

“Strawberry Swing” by Coldplay

Coldplay is one of the greats. This band does have its fair share of melancholy hits, but this song is fun and refreshing. The perfect song for a sunny afternoon, listen to it and get lost with it.

“Chateau” by Angus & Julia Stone

This Australian brother and sister combo is the perfect indie duo. Their songs are lively and wildly intricate. You’ll enjoy this one.

“Bloom” by Paper Kites

This is a really beautiful and simple song about love and a budding relationship. It’s the perfect addition to your new playlist.

“Only Friend” by Wallows

Do you remember Dylan Minnette? He’s the guy who played the infamous Clay Jenson from the hit show “13 Reasons Why.” He also is in a band called Wallows whose genre is indie rock. Their songs are vibrant and young (including this one in particular). They are great for these warmer months that are coming up.

With these new songs, you won’t be able to stop listening! Hit shuffle and play away.

Former Feature Writer. UF English Literature Alum.