samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons the Girls of Girl Code are Our Spirit Animals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’ve never watched MTV’s Girl Code, drop everything you’re doing and watch it… after you read this article. The lovely comediennes from the show not only give us practical tips on how to go through this crazy thing called life, but they also make us laugh so hard that our abs get a workout by watching it — it’s a win-win! Here are 10 reasons why we love the gals of Girl Code:

1. The girls of Girl Code tell it like it is.

2. They let you know all is fair in love and war.

3. They give you awesome tips on how to deal with guys…

4. … And your friends when they’re on a diet.

5. They let you know it’s okay not to be perfect…

6. … And that everyone has embarrassing things they don’t like to admit.

7. They aren’t afraid to give us the harsh truths…

8. … And make us realize being weird, wonderful and wacky is the best way to be.

9. They say the things we wish we could say out loud.

10. The comediennes of Girl Code prove to the world that you can hit the trifecta of being beautiful, funny and smart.

Take these lesson-filled GIFs to heart, collegiettes™. Listen to the girls of Girl Code, who have walked in heels at 3 a.m., quit their diets after two days and navigated the murky waters of the friend zone — just like us! The show proves to us that it’s tough to be a woman in today’s world, but you can get through it with a little help from your friends. 

Jenny is a public relations major/nonprofit organization leadership minor and a junior at UF. This is her first semester working with HerCampus but has two blogs and contributes to The Independent Florida Alligator. Jenny is active on campus and is devoted to Christian Campus House, NaviGators International and Interfaith Ambassadors. She likes: tea, volunteering, journaling, yoga, photography and film editing, waffles and dancing. She dislikes: procrastinating (even though she does it all the time). Follow her twitter @jschooljen or on Facebook. Also check our her blog Rogue Gainesville.