This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

While some beauty products don’t last more than a few years on the shelf, others have stood the test of time. These iconic products have developed a cult-like following. From drugstore hairsprays to high-end perfumes, these items have been tested by generations of women. You’ll be sure to find something on this list that is perfect for you.

1. Nars Blush in “Orgasm”
This is definitely one of Nars’ best-selling products. This peachy blush is said to flatter any skin tone. It adds the perfect amount of flush to your cheeks and will stay put all day long. In the light, the blush has a shimmery, gold reflection. It became so famous that Nars created an “Orgasm Collection,” which features lip glosses, nail polish and other products in the iconic color.

2. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
At one point or another, I think every woman has used this mascara. For me, this was the very first mascara I ever used. It is definitely a tried-and-true product. The applicator makes it so easy to apply, and it always does the trick. It is so cheap, too. It is seriously pigmented and gives your lashes a natural, clump-free look all day long.

3. Chanel No. 5
Whether you’re buying the “Eau De Toilette” version or “Eau De Parfum,” this scent is a classic. It’s a truly timeless fragrance that every woman should own at some point. Launched in 1921, this perfume contains feminine notes of jasmine and May rose. Marilyn Monroe even claimed that it was her signature scent. “What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.”

4. MAC Lipstick in “Ruby Woo”
This matte lipstick is the perfect cherry-red shade. It also has a major celebrity following and can be spotted on the red carpet with the likes of Rihanna, Gwen Stefani and Scarlett Johansson. It has a blue undertone, which will make your teeth look bright white. It can be purchased at MAC for $16.

5. Smith’s Rosebud Salve
This lip balm will keep your lips moisturized and smelling like roses. It can be purchased in a classic tin container or a tube, and ot will completely cure your dry, flaky lips. It can be used on dry elbows, knees and even diaper rashes. Apparently this product is a personal favorite for many celebrities and beauty gurus. The company that manufactures the product is still run by the family of the original creator, and who doesn’t love a good family-run business?

6. Clinique Almost Lipstick in “Black Honey
The Clinique Almost Lipstick basically started the sheer, tinted lip balm trend in 1989. It is a personal favorite of mine, as it is so low-maintenance. The “Black Honey” color is very unique and super moisturizing. It appears black in the tube, but goes on as a beautiful sheer reddish brown.

7. L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray
Hairdressers have sworn by this for years. Unlike most hairsprays, this product won’t leave your hair stiff. It volumizes, keeps your hair in place and brushes out easily. This hairspray wasn’t even available in the United States until 2008, where it launched exclusively at Target. You can now get this once hard-to-find product at most retail stores that sell beauty products.

8. Crème De La Mer
This moisturizer is definitely the most luxurious product on this list. For 3.4 ounces of this product, the price tag rings up at $465. The cream was developed by Dr. Max Huber, a NASA scientist who suffered severe burns following an accident. He hoped to improve his scarring with this cream, and apparently it worked. It is truly a jack-of-all-trades, said to heal burns and cuts, moisturize skin and prevent effects of aging.

9. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat
The Touche Éclat is a multi-use product. Although many simply use it as an under-eye concealer, it can also be applied on the brow bone, above the cheek bones and on the bridge of the nose. It works so well as a highlighter; plus, the applicator makes it super easy to use. Apparently, one Touche Éclat is sold somewhere in the world every 10 seconds.

10. Mason Pearson Hair Brush
This is another product on the extravagant side. For a classic Mason Pearson brush, you’re looking at a price tag of at least $100. These brushes last forever and are top quality. They are known for leaving your hair silky smooth without pulling out too many strands, and are also apparently used by the United Kingdom’s royal family.

Throughout the years, some products tend to develop respected names for themselves. They have been passed down through generations of women as the “best of the best” when it comes to beauty. While some of them might break the bank, some women swear by these lavish products. I definitely plan on adding all of these products to my beauty bucket list.

Photo Credit: goodhousekeeping.com

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.