burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Red Carpet looks inspired by the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

With the end of the spring term in sight, many students are choosing to focus on the sudden fear of impending exams and the ginormous amount of coursework that is still yet to be started. We at Her Campus UEA choose instead to focus on the end of term celebrations that awaits us. Most university courses at UEA celebrate the end of the academic year before Easter with a black-tie ball (a very formal social).

Since a large percentage of student life is spent in slippers and sweatpants, the thought of an occasion where you can don your most glamorous dress is as exciting as it is daunting. The questions are endless: Long dress or short dress? Heels or flats? Hair up or hair down? The list simply goes on.

Seeing as the biggest vice of red carpet fashion porn was aired this week at the 87th Academy Awards, why not get a bit of style inspiration from some real style icons on the red carpet? We are not suggesting that you blow your student loan on a Valentino ball gown and a pair of Louboutins, but hopefully these timeless red carpet looks can inspire you to take a break from revision and to get planning on some glamorous attire fit for a ball. 

Rosamund Pike in a sexy red Givenchy custom made dress

Naomi Watts in a metallic Armani gown

Lupita Nyong’o in a gorgeous pearl-encrusted Calvin Klein dress

Emma Stone in a gold beaded Ellie Saab number

Procrastination is perfect for online shopping and browsing, especially when there is a formal occasion in mind.

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.