This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

This week Sam Smith broke the hearts of all UEA girls by cancelling his appearance at BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend three weeks before the Norwich event. Smith has reached out to fans on social media, explaining that he needs to have an operation on his vocal chords this week and highlighting on Instagram that he won’t be able to speak for three weeks.

Smith has reassured fans “By doing this in 8 weeks time I’m gonna be able to sing like never before so it’s worth it. I am so sorry to all”. Radio 1 released a statement apologising: “We are really sorry for all the fans who were looking forward to seeing Sam perform live. Everyone at Radio 1 wishes him a speedy recovery.”

The HC UEA team would like to echo these well wishes and name him this week’s Campus Cutie as a get well soon present to this gorgeous boy.

Stay strong Sam, and please come back to our campus soon!

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.