HC UEA Campus Cutie: Rita Ora

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

As BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Norwich ends today, it seems only fitting to give the title of this week’s Campus Cutie to the girl who’s beauty shone brighter than the rest during her performance this afternoon: the ravishing Rita Ora.

At just 24 years old, the stunning singer, songwriter and actress has achieved a lot and judging by her performance today we expect to see a great deal more from the blonde bombshell.

Moving to England from Kosovo at the age of one, Ora was brought up in London and began singing at an early age. After signing with Jay Z’s record label ‘Roc Nation’, Ora’s career rocketed with her first studio album ‘Ora’ debuting at number one in the UK. She has since released chart topping hits including ‘R.I.P’, ‘How We Do’ and ‘I Will Never Let You Down’, been nominated for four Brit Awards and was a judge this year on the fourth series of The Voice UK.

If you missed Rita Ora’s set today then you must be filled with regret, she was fantastic. Not to fear though collegiettes! Rita Ora will be around for a while.

Thank you Miss Ora for descending on UEA turf and treating us to your talent, it’s been an honour having your vivacious self here and we sincerely hope you come back to visit us! 

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.