HC UEA Campus Celebrity: Greg James

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

Our Campus Celebrity for this week is the one and only Greg James.

Most people know Greg as a BBC Radio 1 DJ, cricket enthusiast and TV presenter. Few outside the world of UEA know that he was actually a Drama student on our university turf, graduating in 2007 with a 2:1 in Drama.

During Greg’s time at UEA, he presented shows on Livewire 1350AM (our student-run university radio station) and got his big break at BBC Radio 1 the day after his graduation, talk about a high achiever!

Greg is widely considered as an asset to UEA and we credit him with the choice of Norwich as the location for this summer’s BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

Known for hosting the BBC’s coverage of festivals including T in the Park, Reading and Glastonbury, we cannot wait to have Greg back on UEA soil to cover this summer’s BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend with a fellow UEA alumni!

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.