This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

One of the things UEA is known for is its originality.  It is always coming up with novel and interesting ways to help us (its students) engage with the important things going on in the world. This time, it was the use of goats to help persuade its students to register to vote in the local and general elections in May. Despite how random of an idea it is, it definitely succeeded in drawing a crowd and creating a useful talking point. Even though the idea seems kind of ridiculous and may have nothing to do with goats, let’s not kid around (sorry couldn’t resist) voting is a serious issue and the freedom to do so is a privilege, which we should make the most of. According to Bite the Ballot only 50% of young people have registered to vote in the UK, compared with 96% of older people. This statistic should shock us into action because we are in a country where we can be a part of affecting change, which will only happen if we use our right to vote. So yes, along with being herded towards a pen full of adorable little goats, and sampling some delicious goats cheese, I was also reminded of the importance of voting. Good job UEA… Yet another mad but brilliant idea!

Register to vote now at this website: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote All you need is your National Insurance number and a few other details and then you’re well away. 

Final Year Language Student with a love of tea, chocolate and anything sparkly. 
Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.