BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend Line-up Revealed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

Today BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend line-up was officially announced and it suggests that UEA students are in for a treat! The annual free festival will be taking place in Norwich this May, not only meaning that A-List celebrities will descend on UEA soil but also ensuring that the vast majority of UEA students will be able to take a break from studying and party like we’re 22 with Taylor Swift and pals! Summer semester just got a whole lot cooler.

It was announced this morning that on the Saturday of the weekend festival, Muse will headline on the main stage…that’s cool enough for us but there’s so much more. Florence + The Machine, David Guetta, Ben Howard, Rudimental, Snoop Dogg and Hozier will all be taking to the stage followed by Fall Out Boy, The Vaccines, 5 Seconds of Summer, Charli XCX and Jess Glynne. It sounds amazing right? That’s only on the Saturday…Sunday promises to brings a whole new level of A-list stars to UEA.  

We have had it in our calendars since March that Taylor Swift will be ‘shaking it off’ on the Sunday of the May weekender, but it was confirmed today that she will be joined by Foo Fighters, Sam Smith, Imagine Dragons, Alt-J, Rita Ora and Olly Murs among many more.

If there was ever a time to be a UEA student, this is definitely it. No matter how awful your deadlines are or how much you hate revision, remember that being a UEA student means being a winner this summer.

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.