Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Money

The ABC’s of Investing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

If you’re in your 20s, you have probably thought about investing, if not, that’s okay. This article is here to introduce you to investing through the platform EasyEquities. This is a free, simple investing platform for everyday people like you and me.
EasyEquities allows you to invest in well-known enterprises like Woolworths, Takealot, ABSA etc. It also allows you to dabble in cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, etc. Crypotcurrency tends to have a larger risk associated with it, but the returns are great when you get it right.

It all starts with a simple registration process that takes less than 5 minutes and then you’re in! What’s lovely about using the app instead of the website is that you have a demo account which basically has ‘fake’ money for you to invest. This helps you learn how investing works without using your own money (and probably losing it). And when you feel comfortable enough you can deposit your own money and watch it grow.
The platform has a watchlist where you can monitor the businesses you want to keep an eye on and hopefully jump in at the perfect opportunity to make money for yourself.

A student like me and you can benefit by making little cash from this, whilst also learning how the stock and trading markets work so that when we start working, we would have gained enough confidence in our financial knowledge to start investing with large sums of money!
Of course, if you grow tired of the app, you can always withdraw your money with ease. The platform is free from beginning to end.
The platform can be found at https://www.easyequities.co.za
I hope this article gives you the push you needed to start investing now!

Lover of poetry and prose.