This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

During the change of season, we are so busy changing our clothing from shorts and T-shirts to raincoats and boots, we often forget about changing our skin care regimen which could leave our skin lacking the moisture and love it needs to keep us glowing and looking fabulous. Here are some amazing products and essential information to remember to keep that skin poppin’ all year round!

Winter

During winter our skin gets less moisture and is prone to cracking, chipping and irritation. The best product to use during those cold winter days is HEAVY moisturizer that is free from perfume and colourants. The best time to moisturize your skin is after showers when your pores are open. Pay attention to your hands and face which is always exposed to the harsh conditions during winter, especially at UCT. Be safe and moisturize kids. Here are some products that will provide that heavy moisture:

·       Neutral 0% Body

·       Neutral 0%  Face Cream

·       Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream

Spring

When springtime comes the days begin to get longer and the weather becomes warmer. We begin to pack away our rain jackets and umbrellas and opt for those light jerseys and open toe sandals. Your skin care routine will change from that heavy winter moisturizer to lighter creams and moisturizers. Coconut oil is a cheap moisturizing hack that can be used on your hair, on your skin and is a healthier cooking alternative to oil. You’re welcome. Their products will help your skin during spring:

·       Nutritive Cleanser

·       Nivea Q10 Plus Firming Body Oil

·       Neutral 0% Face Wash

Summer

Hot and Humid are the only two words that describe a Cape Town Summer. Going to university on those perfect beach summer days are a real challenge. Hot and humid conditions make your skin prone to breakouts and oily skin. To prevent this, adopt a killer cleansing routine. Use a gentle cleanser twice a day and make sure to moisturize. Also, apply sunscreen every day during your warmer weather days to protect your skin from harsh sun rays.  Here are some products to trust during summer season:

·       Neutral 0% Skin Tonic

·       Johnson’s Daily Essential Gentle Exfoliating Wash

·       Filorga Scrub and Mask

Autumn

This is another time you will change your skin care routine drastically because of the colder weather conditions. Just like winter, during autumn your skin begins drying out because of the lack of moisture. Exfoliation and moisturizing will save your skin during these cooler days. When you exfoliate you are ridding your skin from dead skin cells, brightening your skin. Apply your moisturiser of choice after your exfoliation process. Autumn will be a breeze with these products:

·       Neutral 0% Body Lotion

·       Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil

·       Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash

I hope this information and these products help you maintain or gain that flawless skin in every season!

I am a fourth year student, studying Film and Media Specializing in Screenwriting