This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

We’re well into the swing of 2019: those lazy summer days may be winding down, your bronzy glow is fading, and those assignments seem to be piling up. That doesn’t mean your party spirit should be dampened! Luckily, this year is jam packed with thrilling festival experiences for everyone. Here are 11 events that will surely brighten the next few months of your 2019…

March

Keen to go cycling with a twist? Consider attending the World Naked Bike Ride on 9 March at Sea Point for a ride on any vehicle that doesn’t require fuel. This bike ride is clothing-optional (yes, you read that correctly!) and aims to promote clean energy and reducing our carbon footprint.

Cost: Free

The extravagance of the Cape Town Carnival is not to be missed on 16 March in the heart of the city. You can look forward to celebrating African creativity, diversity, and culture. Expect to see vibrant entertainment and gorgeous costumes.

Cost: Free (general access)

R350 (seated)

The Equilibrium Festival in Paarl on 23 March is perfect if you’d like some downtime. This 14 hour festival offers a fresh approach to partying – yoga, talks, music, dancing, food, crafts, wine and so much more. Expect to learn more about the art of balance and creativity.

Cost: R300 (early bird)

R350 (normal bird)

R400 (late bird)

April

In case you have the energy to dance up a storm, check out Concerts In The Park on 7 April at De Waal Park in the CBD. The local band Freshlyground will be performing, so if you’re into infectious beats, jazzy and pop music, be sure to head over and enjoy a great vibe under the trees.

Cost: R20

If you prefer the boujee side of life, the South African Cheese Festival is the place for you. From 26-28 April, Sandringham Farm in Stellenbosch will host three days of tantalizing eats, drinks, and entertainment to celebrate the Motherland’s cheese-making industry.

Cost: R180 (general access)

May

Need some inspiration for your room, or your dream apartment? Visit Decorex 2019 at the CTICC from 1-5 May to find out some new trends, products, and tips from top architects in the city.

Cost: TBA

June

Release your inner culture vulture by visiting Museum Night. Several museums at the V&A Waterfront – Zeitz MOCAA, Iziko Maritime Centre, Robben Island Jetty Museum and many more – will be open to the public. Dates are to be confirmed.

Cost: Free

July

Prepare to laugh for a good few hours at the Baxter Theatre in Rondebosch, at the Jive Cape Town Funny Festival. Witness a stellar line-up of local and international comedians including the personalities of Marc Lottering and Mel Jones. Dates and costs are TBA.

August

Tuck into some hearty, eclectic and local food at the Cape Town Street Food Festival. Nibbles include gatsbies, slap tjips and many other foods on offer from South African street vendors. Dates, location and costs are TBA.

September

Calling all bookworms and poetry lovers: don’t miss the Open Book Festival at the Fugard Theatre/D6 Homecoming Centre/The Book Lounge where you’ll get to meet local and international writers and poets. Be sure to book your tickets well in advance! Dates and costs are TBA.

October

Kick off summer 2k19 with the hottest, planet-conscious music and lifestyle festival in CPT – Rocking the Daisies in Darling from 4-6 October. Entertainment includes 250 artists, comedy, music, and art. Daisies isn’t to be missed this year so get your tickets ASAP. Phase 1 and 2 tickets are sold out, but Phase 3 (R995) go on sale on 26 March.

Also known as Kay. Love words and current affairs. Pasta enthusiast. All-round hot girl.