There’s no doubt that feminists* are possibly the most amazing, intelligent, and hilarious people on the planet. I mean, when life is the biggest joke to you after years of constant trauma, negligence, disregard and disrespect, it’s lovely to start making jokes to ease the pain with your fellow marginalised voices. Here’s something that’ll get you through the hell of the patriarchy (maybe just for a couple of minutes)
1. Right back at ya
every time a man tells me to stop whining about feminism, i feel like saying “you first”
— Aparna Nancherla (@aparnapkin) November 20, 2017
2. Don’t fight us on this one. When you’ve been harassed on the regular, you learn these things. Unfortunately, it’s one of the special skills we wish we never had to learn.
Just gonna pre-empt an argument I know is coming: Women know the difference between a friendly touch and one meant to be sexual or menacing. We are experts THANKS TO SO MANY MEN TOUCHING US
— Jessica Valenti (@JessicaValenti) November 29, 2017
3. We’re warriors.
ITEMS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN:
-Little Black Dress
-Strappy s- ok now that the men have stopped reading, we revolt at dawn.
— Anna Fitzpatrick (@bananafitz) May 4, 2016
4. I’m a strong independent womxn who don’t need no man. Seriously though, I’m good with my sisters…you can go home now.
Damn boy, are you a bra? Because you make me uncomfortable but society has brainwashed me into thinking I need you
— Audrey Porne (@AudreyPorne) October 2, 2015
5. Ya’ll crazy patriarchy fanboys have done the kitchen a dirty by making it the space in the house where inferior beings belong. Don’t you know the kitchen contains all the food? Idiots.
Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everybody belongs in the kitchen…the kitchen has food.
— Bill Murray (@BiIIMurray) May 7, 2015
6. Could they try be helpful for a change or are they always a waste of oxygen?
A cat-caller just said he wants to get “all up in my business” which is great because my taxes are complicated and I could use the help.
— Alison Leiby (@AlisonLeiby) April 21, 2015
7.Just call me the next Virgin Mary, everyone! Where’s our statues and century long worship?
“All these girls getting themselves pregnant” Wow, self impregnating teenage girls, men should be afraid woman r evolving at alarming rates
— вaeritto (@alexizrose) April 25, 2014
8. IT’S NOT THAT ATTRACTIVE. GET CONSENT. There’s a “block” button and I’m not afraid to use it.
Dick pics are the human equivalent of a cat giving you a dead bird as a “gift”
— Little Miss Classy (@MissRedKisss) July 29, 2016
9. Friendly reminder that there’s no wrong way to ‘womxn’. If you’re a womxn, and define yourself as such, you merely existing, being, and breathing is a correct way of being a womxn. Congratulations.
Real women have curves!!! Real women have spirals!!! Real women are plump and covered in a creamy sauce wait nope thinkin of pasta
— Deirdre (@figgled) April 25, 2015
10. And finally, a cute sketch and reminder for any “Not All Men” characters who stumbled in here.
think before you speak/type or the chokehold fairy will get you pic.twitter.com/67mXl79MDb
— Maryne. (@MaryneeLahaye) November 17, 2017
* If your feminism isn’t intersectional and inclusive of trans folk, non-binary folk, womxn of colour, or folks with disabilities, then it’s not feminism. Get with it or get out.