10 Simple Trends to Try This Chilly Season

It’s about time we say goodbye to summery days and welcome ones we get all layered up for. Some of us may not enjoy the constant cold and soggy weather but if there’s one thing we can agree on, when it comes to Autumn and Winter, it’s that the fashion is in a league of its own!

Now I’m no expert here, but I’m pretty sure I can spot a good trend or two when I see one. Whether you’re bored of your winter wardrobe or just looking to find out what everyone seems to be wearing these days, these 10 trends are sure to give you your fashion fix.

1. 1. Faux fur and cuddly coats

This trend is coming back even bigger and better this year. What seemed like a more dramatic piece to have in your coat collection is now a staple to bumping up any basic or neutral winter outfit. It’s great for layering under other garments or as a statement piece on its own. What’s even better is that it will actually keep you warm (while making you feel like the most extravagant b-word in town).

2. 2. Boxy blazers

Oversized blazers are a simple way to look more polished this winter and the relaxed, boxy silhouette is very on-trend. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with this piece: whether you’re belting it for a more chic look or leaving it unbuttoned to give it more of a coat feel, you’re sure to look pretty damn cool.

3. 3. Midi/ankle-length skirts

I guess you don’t have to bid farewell to all the Summer/Spring pieces after all.  

Midi/ankle-length skirts were quite the hit this Summer but could easily be incorporated into your winter wardrobe as well.

Pair it with a good pair of boots or chunky sneakers and layer with leggings/ pantyhose if you feel you need some extra warmth. It’s a more exciting alternative to throwing on a pair of jeans or trousers during Winter.

4. 4. Alice bands

Blair Warldorf is defrosting as we speak.

Hate it or love it, this trend is making a comeback. Whether worn as a cute accessory or statement piece, it sure will be a conversation starter, so why not give it a whirl?

5. 5. Cropped cardigans (buttoned up)

Oversized longer-length cardigans are great options for keeping warm in Winter, but cropped cardies buttoned up and tucked into a cute pair of bottoms is the way we’re doing it now. Even unbuttoning the top and adjusting the garment for an off-the-shoulder look is a simple way to switch up the neckline and look effortlessly stylish.

6. 6. Pattern mixing

Who said Winter wardrobes have to be dull? Play around with fun patterns and get layered-up for a more interesting and fashion-forward look this upcoming Winter season.

Scared of mixing patterns? A good trick would be to pair at least one matching or cohesive colour to create a more polished and well-thought-out look.

7. 7. Chunky “I can totally knock someone out in these” boots

While chunky dad trainers don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, chunky combat and platform boots are all the rave too. They give off that Bratz aesthetic that appears to be quite popular at the moment. Plus, they look totally badass.

8. 8. Full neutral 'fits

If you’re not big on experimenting with bold colours, Neutral-toned outfits are a good way to go this Winter too. You get that instant “I’ve got my life together” look that is completely pleasing to the eye.

9. 9. Bucket hats

These bad boys pull an outfit together really well and make it seem like you put in way more effort than throwing on a beanie.

10. 10. Bold colours

Despite Summer and Spring typically being the seasons to experiment with colour, Autumn and Winter could easily be just as fun. Say goodbye to gloomy greys and play around with bold colours for something a little different.

Sidenote: Yolk yellow is a big colour this season too.