This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

If you’re among those who tend to be skeptical of purchasing certain items online, allow me to introduce you to these amazing useful items you can purchase online. Some of them come pretty handy and are ranked from cheapest to the most expensive.

1. Universal waterproof phone case

It’s fun to play on a hot summer day and to push a friend into the pool when they least expected it. The trouble arises when that friend you pushed had their iPhone 8 in their pocket… This waterproof phone case prevents such incidents from occurring and keeps your phone dry with its water-resistant protection.

Price: $5.99 on Amazon

2. YOFIT hammock

Exams are fast approaching, and this means that soon you will be sitting at an uncomfortable desk for longer than usual. How about a FEET hammock? It allows you to study or work comfortably while being kind to your feet.

Price: $7 on Amazon

3. JH Smith Door Knob Organiser 

Here we have a portable door knob organiser where you can conveniently write down all the important things you need to do when leaving home. Pretty cool huh!

Price: $8.95 on Amazon

4. Waterproof socks

There is nothing more annoying than having to be out of the confines of your warm room for the entire day with soggy wet socks because you accidently stepped in a puddle on campus. With these waterproof socks, your feet will be sure to remain dry and you can go about your day without a hustle.

Price: $10-$50 on ebay

5. Nasuo Portable USB Fan with Led Clock

By the end of the year, we will all be experiencing high temperatures and it’s not guaranteed that you will always have an aircon at your disposal; providing you with the fresh cold air you need. This device is a digital fan you can easily carry around. As you’re studying at the library, all you must do is switch on your laptop and plug the fan cable into a USB port and voila! Beautiful fresh air!

Price: $11.28 on Amazon

6. iPad Mount Clear Shower Curtain Line

Have you any idea how irritating it is when you’re showering with music in the background, and the wrong song plays (or that annoying lecture recording)? Well, this curtain tackles this issue as it allows you to change songs without getting your phone or tablet wet. Please, don’t act as if you do not need this because as every modern day humans we absolutely need this. Right?

Price: $16 on Amazon

7. Que Water Bottle

We all know that it’s essential to stay hydrated. However, some of us are thrown off by the idea of carrying an empty water bottle with us for the entire day as there might not be enough space for it in our bags which are already occupied with laptops, books, etc. Que Water Bottle is the solution for this as it is compact, BPA-free, and convenient to carry. Additionally, for every bottle purchased, $5 will be donated to the Grand Canyon Trust to help protect and restore the Grand Canyon and Colorado Plateau in the States.

Price: $19.95-$24.95 on Que Bottle

8. Clocky, the Original Runaway Alarm Clock on Wheel

This one is for those who struggle to wake up in the morning. This special alarm jumps from a stand each morning and starts moving in various directions while loudly beeping until you get out of bed, chase it down and switch it off. Sadly, this is a necessary evil for those of us who hit the snooze button more than once. Don’t judge…

Price: $39.99 on Amazon

9. Studio Banana Things Ostrich Pillow

Sometimes while studying in the library, you might just want to take a short break and take a quick power nap without being disturbed. If you’ve ever experienced this, this pillow is for you! You can carry it around and pull it out for that much-needed break. Heaven!

Price: $30-$99 on Ostrich Pillow

10. Livia – The Off Switch for Menstrual Pain

My reaction when I saw this? “Where have you been all my life?” The Female race has been looking for you! This device is scientifically proven and is designed in a manner where the nerves causing tedious cramps during your period, are manipulated into thinking that the cramps are non-existent. It doesn’t completely stop the cramps, but it significantly reduces it. To be safe, do read the reviews and watch the commercial of the product before deciding whether you should get one. Personally, I think it’s worth a go!

Price: $145 on Livia

All in all, it is evident that there are plenty of cool and practical things one can get online and hopefully, at least one item got your attention. Ladies, I’m looking at you.

Benita is a final year student at the University of Cape Town majoring in English & Media and also studying film. She enjoys writing and reading as well as doing anything creative and DIY. Benita is a people's person and likes nature and outdoor activities such as picnics. With her, anytime is a good time to go the movies or to eat popcorn. If she had a super power, it would be reading people's minds.