UCSD Became ‘P’Interested In HC’ With The Help Of BAND

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

On November 18, Her Campus UCSD held its first ever event on campus, “Get P’interested In Her Campus,” and we couldn’t have made the event a success without the help of BAND. Our event was a Pinterest-inspired crafting night open to anyone who wanted to get into the holiday spirit by crafting, singing along to holiday tunes, and snacking on some cookies and hot chocolate.

BAND became our go-to resource when it came to planning and organizing our crafty get together with our Her Campus staff. Managing a team of women who have such differing schedules during the quarter system can be tough when you have an event coming up, but BAND made it easy.

We never felt like we had to schedule as many in-person meetings, because BAND did all of the work for us. We really utilized the chat feature to gain instant feedback from the other collegiettes about supplies we needed and any last minute questions that arose right before the event took place.

It was easier for us to use BAND over other social media accounts because it gave us a place where we were able to purely focus on our event. With other social apps, we were sifting through multiple notifications to get to our staff’s event page. BAND made it so much easier to plan our event because it was easier to access chat groups, polls, and pictures that were vital to our preparation.

The poll feature was incredibly helpful! This was our favorite tool in determining which supplies we needed to buy for the event, and then being able to transform that into a shopping list was the icing on the cake! By opening the poll feature, we were able to decide on which refreshments to buy for our guests, and which props we needed to get for our super fun photo booth!

Another favorite feature of the BAND app was its ability to upload so many photos at once! Our staff members, who love taking pictures, were able to instantly upload dozens of pictures to our event album as the event was taking place. This made it easier for us to keep track and document the event in real time, by organizing the photos into one album that we could share with the entire group! Now we have an album full of fun memories that our whole staff can look at to remember our first event.

We really couldn’t have had such a successful event this quarter without the help of BAND. We had a great turnout of over thirty students who came out and made crafts with us, and it all came together seamlessly thanks to our new favorite app! From deciding on which colored streamers to put on the walls, to which cookies to offer, BAND was there to keep us organized. BAND, we’re totally “pinterested” in you!

Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.