Twelve practical holiday gifts to give this year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

As we enter the season of gift-giving, shopping can be especially tricky when searching for practical and clever presents that won’t be re-gifted. Of course, with a long holiday gift list, it’s hard to resist buying mundane gifts. When in doubt, the components of a perfect holiday gift is its novelty and usefulness in our daily lives. Luckily, we’ve compiled a list of some unique Christmas gift ideas for everyone on your list.

Oil diffusers for aromatherapy 

Staying home all day long during this pandemic can feel suffocating. However, aromatherapy provides holistic healing through natural essential oils to medicinally improve health and well-being.

House slippers

A cold day in the house calls for warming up our feet with some cozy, comfortable house slippers. In fact, house slippers have been most people’s most worn pair of shoes. Who doesn’t love a nice cushion on our feet to keep us warm?

Wearable blankets

During quarantine, it seems that most people have ditched their normal outfits of the days. Instead, people have been wearing their loungewear while cuddled up in a blanket. The wearable blanket replaces loose blankets, and it is the new, quirky fashion trend of the season.

Memory foam pillows 

Any homebody craves an ideal afternoon nap or a good night’s sleep. Memory foam pillows are the perfect present to gift for those struggling to sleep or suffering from neck pain.

Ceramic mugs

Ceramic mugs are as lavish as it is useful, especially to coffee and tea enthusiasts. Sold with a variety of unique, ornate designs or even customizable, ceramic mugs are worth the investment. 

Keuring

The Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker is the convenient size to put in any space. The brewer is effortlessly simple to use and enjoy. Anyone can choose from a variety of delicious coffee, tea and even hot chocolate pods to fix up after a long day. 

Mini air-fryer

Air-fryers have been quite a craze for kitchen appliances this year. These small ovens are especially suitable for college students who are dorming or living in an apartment. These create a nice crisp and tenderness to any leftover food, better than any average microwave.

Makeup organizer

A makeup organizer can function as both a fancy decor piece and a handy tool that keeps everything nice in place. 

Hand cream

One of the critical ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is reinforcing hand hygiene. However, washing our hands constantly can leave our hands dry. Hand lotions not only keep our hands moisturized, but it makes a cute stocking stuffer.

Led light vanity mirror  

A vanity makeup mirror that provides clear, well-lit reflection can elevate anyone’s  makeup game. 

Laptop / tablet stand 

Laptop and tablet stands are designed to help position and support the devices in the desk. These stands are helpful to those who struggle with neck or back pain when being productive.

Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Bluetooth speakers are a must-have for all music lovers. These devices are portable, durable, and provide quality audio–it is no wonder people are crazing to take these sound systems wherever they go out. 

Lauren Kim is a Los Angeles native and a senior at the University of San Diego. She is currently a Communication major and a Business minor. Being in college, Lauren has a growing enthusiasm for marketing and branding. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts, documenting food adventures on her foodie Instagram account, watching movies, and exploring the city.
Her Campus at UCSD aims to create a more open platform for women to share their ideas and passions with the rest of the college community. Our writers are students of all different majors who share the same passion for writing and media and are excited to bring more fun articles for the UCSD community and others to indulge in and enjoy.