Triton Food Pantry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Did you collegiettes know that we have a food pantry here at UCSD? It’s newly opened in the Old Student Center. It’s called the Triton Food Pantry and it provides a place for any student to get both fresh produce and non-perishable items. The Triton Food Pantry’s main goal is to provide food for students that may otherwise have to skip meals to save money. However, any UCSD student has access! So collegiettes, don’t go hungry. Head over to the food pantry if you are in need of some food!

Are you okay on food? Then you can help out your fellow students that aren’t! The Triton Food Pantry is entirely student run. There is actually a fun event happening on Saturday, April 18th, that will benefit the Triton Food Pantry! It’s called the Walk the Block Party. The event begins at 9 am and includes a 2 mile long course walk around campus and live DJ stations to keep you jamming and motivated. You also will receive a Walk the Block shirt, free food, and other goodies! On the registration form you can choose to donate more or dining dollars to the Triton Food Pantry! So why not have some fun and help out your community at the same time?!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.