The Cozy Game You Should Play Based On Your Zodiac Sign!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Videogames are notoriously known as a (cis-ly speaking), guys’ activity. However, there is an entire community dedicated to the genre of Cozy Games. Typically mocked by “gamers,” Cozy Games are made for people who enjoy relaxing and destressing in their free time. These kinds of games mainly focus on harvesting resources such as wood and food which will be used to create and improve gardens and farms. However, that is not all cozy games are–they can be anything you want, so long as you find them relaxing! If you are interested in gaming, or know nothing about it but clicked on this article, then here is a list of games I would suggest you start with based on a reading for your Zodiac sign!

PISCES

Starting backwards, let’s begin with the beloved fishes! You guys are having a difficult time trusting yourself and it is preventing you from moving forward. However, you are the figure of justice and, if you continue to mistrust yourself, you could eventually perpetuate injustices. For you, I would suggest playing Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. This is a comedy adventure game where your character, Turnipboy, causes complete chaos and fights against the government. While Turnipboy might seem like a societal nuisance, you may come to learn that he’s actually the hero.

Aquarius

Hello Aquarius. While you are known as the most individual and independent of the Zodiac signs, your reading was actually all about how that characteristic might lead you to loneliness. You cards were all about relationships and they imply a heartbreak. Now you are trying to strengthen intrapersonal relationships (and if you’re not trying, you should definitely start) however, you’re still hurt from the past. You have to understand that the past can’t change in order to develop those other relationships. I would suggest you play the famous Stardew Valley. You are a farmer in a town and work on making your farm successful. On top of that, your personalized character can flirt, date, marry, and make best friends with the other players in the game. Stardew Valley is a relationship disguised as a Cozy Game.

Capricorn

Hey Capricorn baddies! Your reading talks of a lack of motivation in your interests. This has made decision making challenging, and you have an inability to express your frustrations caused by this. Your confidence is stable, however, and the cards warn against a sense of superiority. This game might seem counterproductive at first, but hear me out. Garden Story is a cute adventure game where you play as a young concord who has just been anointed a Guardian. Concord has to fight against his insecurities and fears to find himself, his voice and save his home!

sagittarius

The cards, for you, predict instability in a relationship (romantic or otherwise) and you are suffering because of it. However, they also predict that you are on a healthy step towards healing, and feel connected to the world around you. So, even though you are despaired, you are on your way to healing. Spiritfarer is the perfect game for healing. You play as a young girl named Stella, who has just become the new Spiritfarer–a guardian destined to help spirits move on in the spirit world. You manage a boat as you follow tasks given by spirits, and learn the deep mystery about Stella.

Scorpio

You guys are full of fears inspired by your overthinking, and it prevents you from making important decisions. These fears are because you have too much resting on your shoulders. You are in need of some peace to keep your focus from suffering in the long run. I could not more strongly suggest playing Cozy Grove. This game is the epitome of Cozy Games, with harvesting and farming and relaxing music! In this game you are a spirit scout sento to an island to help lost spirits (who look like bears!). There is a mystery to solve and tasks to manage. This game is also about patience so it can only be played for 30 min – 1hr at a time, perfect for your overcrowded schedule.

Libra

Hello fellow Libras! According to the cards, our lives are full of imaginative fancies; our creativity is running free. However, that can lead to anxiety, which are probably rooted in finance and stability. Because of this, I would suggest Calico. It is a recently developed game where you create your own character who is in charge of their very own cate café. You work on your café, find animals to visit there, and take on tasks given to you by other players. There are financial obligations and and endless numbers of ways to express your creative fancies. The game does have some glitches, but, compared to other games, is pretty cheap and often on sale.

Virgo

This reading might seem stereotypical for Virgos, but you are nothing if not consistent. You are spread too thin and you have trapped yourself behind protective walls because of this. The cards imply a fear of failure, and that your walls built to keep out this failure is preventing you from seeing the stars, metaphorically speaking. For you, my Virgos, I would suggest Gris. It is a consequence-free puzzle game with beautiful artwork and an amazing soundtrack. It’s about a girl who loses her voice and goes on a journey to find it. Each level is based on a different stage of grief and it strongly encourages the appreciation of the world around you. The best part, it’s a short game (around only 5 hours of playtime) that has many pausing points , so you can pick it up whenever your busy schedule allows!

Leo

I hate to say it, but, Leos, you aren’t in a much better place than the Cancers (see below).The cards predict falling into despair because of bad habits. However, it’s hard to let go of those bad habits because of the fear of losing stagnant people. However, in good news, they also so you cling onto fanciful daydreams of escape, you just don’t believe in them. I think the best game for you is Earthlock because it will teach you to believe in those daydreams and grow away from unhealthy people. This is an adventure game set in a technological fantasy real, where your character interacts with a group of people. This game is about healthy relationships, and while some battles may not necessarily fit the Cozy Vibe, the rest of the game is so relaxing and inviting, which might be exactly what you need.

Cancer

My poor cancers. The cards were all about a world of fluxuations for you. There is an imbalance of emotional integrity and you are in a reltionship (romantic or otherwise) that is taking more from you than it is giving. To make it worse, decisions are getting in the way of your happiness and success. For you I would suggest playing To the Moon. This is a popular point and click game about 2 doctors in a syfy reality universe who ventue into the memories of an old man, and they learn about the relationship with his late wife. This game is emotional and focuses on the flaws of people in relationships. Do keep in mind, though, that this game is a but outdated and has some incorrect beliefs in disabilities.

Gemini

Twin time! For you, the cards talked about healthy relationships, proper planning and focusing on the big picture. You have fulfilled curiosity and in need of a game with the same energy that is overflowing in your life. I suggest trying out Pode. It is a 1-2 player puzzle game about a star receiving help from a rock to return home to the sky. It is a cute game with abilities like holding hands and requires teamwork to pass through each level. It is calming, quick and easy to solve. Maybe you can play this with that healthy partnership the cards kept implying about.

Taurus

For my Tauruses, the cards noticed a need for choices, focusing on what’s right rather than popular. There might be some anxiety in making decisions, but you are capable of making them. However, the cards warn against empty promises from the people of things that are making you decide, Because of this I have decided to suggest Little Misfortune, a cozingly creepy game all about decisions and consequences. You guide a young Misfortune and try to keep her alive, and you have to decide if the narrator is trustworthy or not.

Aries

And last, but certainly not least, the beginning of the Zodiac cycle! For you the cards say that you are clinging onto the past, however, you are ready to take that first step towards moving on. For you I suggest Breath of the Wild. And I know that name might strike some fear into new gamers, but I promise this game is meant to be played slowly. Stray from the course and let the world of Breath of the Wild comfort you in this new chapter of your life.

I am a fourth year transfer English major who is working on getting her writing career started. I am interested in publishing, editing, and ghost writing. My biggest goal in life is to help musicians write lyrics and to have a few of my own books published.