The Stages Of Finals Every Collegiette Faces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

The stages of Finals Week that we all go through:

Finals week. Daunting, stressful, and often times, humorous. As if it’s a rite of passage for us as college students. All of our bad habits are excused during this week. McDonald’s at 12 am, ehh it’s finals. Not showering for a few days, no time for that. Laughing hysterically at nothing because you’re delirious? Oh yeah. And when it’s over, it was all worth it. Let’s go through the stages of finals week that we all know so well…

Realizing you have to get a 90% or above on the final for an A in the class. GET ALL the extra credit!     

Beginning to study… Well trying to begin the studying process. Gotta start on the hour, or else it’s not worth it.  

When you only need to know the “basic concepts” for the final. AKA the whole book.

When the studying doesn’t end until you TAKE the final.

Always getting the full eight hours before a final….. NOT. NEVER.

At the final. No sleep. Trying to remember what it was that you actually studied. “Please let it all come back to me!”

Always hard to decipher….  

When it’s finally OVER.

But then THIS happens…

Well collegiettes, it’s finals week and we all have to do it. Stay strong, positive, and TRY to get some sleep. You can do this!

Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.