This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Get to know Tiffany Liang!

Pronouns: She/Her

Year: Third year

Major/minor: Communications major, Business minor

College: Marshall

Hometown: Arcadia, CA

Q: What made you join Her Campus?

A: I joined Her Campus because I enjoy writing. I wanted to join an organization that allows me to write for fun and about any topics I want, because that’s something I don’t really get the opportunity to do or don’t usually have time for. I also want to join a community of girls who are interested in pop culture, social media, and writing as well.

Q: What are you studying? What field do you want to get into?

A: I’m studying communications and business, and I want to get into the marketing industry, specifically in lifestyle, beauty, or fashion.

Q: What are you currently involved in (on or off campus)? If you work or intern, what do you do? 

A: I’m involved in this organization called Healthy Skin Initiative, where I work as the publicity manager. So I manage the social media accounts, do chalkboarding and flyering, and manage the mailing list. I also just joined Delta Sigma Pi, a professional business fraternity on campus.  I’m part of UCSD Design Co, the Undergraduate Communications Society, and I also have applied to be on the writing and marketing staff for TREND, a fashion based magazine and organization at UCSD.

Q: How has the pandemic changed you in a good way?

A: The pandemic definitely made me more independent because it forced me to be on my own a lot more and get used to being isolated from others. But it also made me a lot more eager to socialize and make the most of my remaining time at college, since I missed so much time being at home.

Q: Are there any content ideas you are excited about?

A: I’m excited to write about self care, self growth, and mental health related topics because I wrote about that for my internship with Kinde, a mental health app, and found it to be very rewarding and beneficial. I also want to write movie or book reviews, articles about fashion, food or restaurant reviews, or recommendations for things to do.

Q: Any hobbies or interests?

A: Sometimes in my free time I read, write, or journal. I’ve also been trying to learn how to cook so I can survive. I also like to watch Netflix, Youtube, listen to music or podcasts, spend time with friends, and try new food places.

Q: Where do you want to travel? 

A: I want to travel to Singapore, Japan and Korea sometime in the future. I traveled to Singapore before but hope to be able to visit again.

Melanie is a junior majoring in Communications at UC San Diego. In her free time, she loves going to the beach, journaling, and exploring San Diego with friends!