This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Meet Rachel!

Name: Rachel Lee

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Major(s): Human Development, Communications

1. What has been an activity or hobby that you have developed during quarantine?

I started lifting weights a bit. My dad has a weight set at home and I had never thought of using them before quarantine. I’m glad I got into lifting because it makes me feel great inside and out!

1.  If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

I’ve already been uploading videos on my channel for a couple years, and if I’m being honest,  it would be so cool to be a *full time* youtuber!  Growing up I’ve loved being on camera as well as behind the camera. Youtubers have the freedom of making content about literally anything they want , whether it’s travel, academics, fashion, or just funny vlogs. On top of it being a creative outlet, you get brand deals and sponsorships!

1. What is the first thing you’d like to do once quarantine ends?

Travel! I was supposed to go to Hawaii this past summer with my friends as a graduation trip, so that was a bummer to get cancelled.  I can’t wait to take a flight anywhere when it’s safe to!

1. What is a social issue that you care about the most?

Probably racial injustice. 2020 really opened my eyes to all of the systemic racism that’s rooted in our country to this day. I still have so much to learn but it is a topic that I feel strongly for. 

1. What made you decide to join Her Campus?

I stumbled upon Her Campus last summer in 2020 and was instantly intrigued by its aesthetic posts and content about things I’m passionate about. I figured that it would be a fun organization to be a part of by allowing me to express my creativity and meet new people!

Rachel Lee is from Los Angeles, California and she is a first year majoring in Human Developmental Sciences and Communications at UC San Diego. Rachel loves attending college in San Diego because of all the food, nature, and adventure it has to offer! Her interests range from health and wellness, fashion, music, and social media. Follow Rachel on instagram @racheel.lee