loralyn narvaez
loralyn narvaez
loralyn narvaez
Career

Spotlight: Loralyn Narvaez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

The opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.

Major: Communications

Year: Junior Transfer

Hometown: Sacramento, CA

Campus Involvement: UCSD Undergrad Comm Society Member 

What is your favorite thing about San Diego and college so far?

San Diego is awesome because it combines everything I loved about other cities I lived in. I loved the proximity of the beaches in Orange County, the fun city life Seattle had, and the homieness that Sacramento had for me. In terms of college, I lucked out a lot with my housing and its convenience, so it made it easy to go to class but also go to work and shop without needing a car. 

In the next school year, what are you hoping to personally accomplish? 

I hope to finish all of my major classes for graduation, but also able to fit just one or two fun classes, so it feels like I got the chance to take classes that I was personally interested in. I really want to take just one Korean class to finally get actual education on the language and test what I already know and be able to take some other fun extracurricular type class that isn’t communications related.

What is your favorite place to go in California and why?

Most of my friends and family would assume it’s Disneyland since I go every year, but really the Getty Museum is my favorite. I’ve been three times, and I personally love museums. The garden and the architecture are the highlights though. I could spend the whole day just admiring everything about it. 

Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?

Hopefully, with a stable job that isn’t associated with selling or retail because I did that for four years, and I’m pretty over it. I would hope to have enough experience to have a stable job in a field that is interesting to me if I don’t decide to go to grad school. And hopefully, I have enough money to have my own place and a dog (preferably a husky because I want my dog to talk to me and be a drama queen). 

What are your favorite things to do outside of your academics?

I love writing whether it’s article writing for Her Campus or writing short stories. I wrote a lot of fiction in high-school, so it’s just very therapeutic for me. I also love studying Korean and Japanese (by actually studying and watching shows in Korean and Japanese), playing guitar, playing with makeup, and singing in the shower. Video games are also a plus, too. Animal Crossing, Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy are the only games I’m good at. 

Ariyana Kermanizadeh is a Northern California native, and is currently pursuing her undergraduate career at UC San Diego. At UCSD, she studies Psychology with an emphasis in Human Health as well as Biology. Ariyana hopes to attend Medical School in the near future, to chase her dream of becoming a Physician. As an aspiring Physician she hopes her future will consist of assisting underserved communities and fighting for health care rights. Follow Ari on Instagram (Ariyana_k).