This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Meet Jules Burner (she/they)! Jules is a third year student studying cognitive science at Revelle college. She is from Santa Clarita, California and is a Pisces!

1. What made you join Her Campus?

Feminism and social justice are priorities to me, so I was excited seeing that our school offers a safe platform for women to talk about the issues important to them and to bond with the community.

2. Any hobbies or interests?

Besides studying brain science, I’m really passionate about music and music theory. I had a job singing at a restaurant in Malibu when I was younger and I’ve had a few gigs, but I’m more into songwriting right now. I love listening to all genres of music and I’m always down for recommendations.

3. Who is your role model or celebrity crush?

I’m going to answer Aubrey Plaza for both.

4. How has the pandemic changed you in a good way?

The pandemic has taught me how to be more independent and self-sufficient. I’ve developed better habits for scheduling my day and taking care of myself; making sure I am meeting my needs. It has given me time to set standards and goals for myself to live a more balanced, healthier life.

5. If you could star in a movie, what movie would it be?

The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

6. If you were a song, what song would you be?

Petal by Raveena.

Chianti is a first year student studying neurobiology at UC San Diego. She enjoys spending time outdoors, reading books, and going to the gym and beach.