This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Campbell Gersten

Hometown: Los Angeles

Major: Communications with a double minor in business and visual arts

Q/A

1. What made you decide to join Her Campus?

I decided to join HerCampus because I wanted to be able to network with a great group of people and be able to publish my work. I think that HerCampus is a great way to combine these two interests of mine. I will be able to debut the skills I have been working hard to improve on.

2. What are somethings you’ve done to stay positive during hard times

To stay positive during hard times I do positive affirmations. This is a form of manifestation where you envision you’ve already accomplished your goal and you tell the universe it is completed. Then, you act as if it’s already been done. This helps me stay positive about myself and my surroundings. I find it works best to do my positive affirmations while on a walk, it keeps the head clear.

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live and why?

If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Paris, France. I love the romantic aspect of the city. The culture shines through and the food is amazing. It has beautiful language, people, and scenery. What more could anyone want?

4. What is something you are looking forward to doing once people are able to meet up again safely?

I’m looking forward to seeing my friends and family regularly. Obviously, that isn’t possible right now, but it is something I truly miss about pre-covid times. My friends and I actually had a trip planned to go to the Coachella music festival. I was so excited to see my favorite artist, Frank Ocean. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do that in the future!

My name is Shawn Smith I am currently a 2nd year studying communications.