a selfie of me
a selfie of me
Ashley Lopez
Career

Spotlight: Ashley Lopez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Ashley 

Major: Communications Studies 

Year: Junior 

Hometown: San Pedro, CA

Campus involvement: Her Campus Social Media Director, Muir OL, Alpha Phi Sorority Member

What is a fun fact about you?

When I was 12 years old I won a car in a raffle! That’s the car I use to drive around with to this day!

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I would love to live in Hawaii because of the slow and peaceful way of life. I’ve grown up near the beach my whole life and would just want to do all sorts of beach activities if I lived there.

What are your hobbies?

My hobbies are acrylic and oil painting, rock climbing, playing soccer and volunteering at my home church as a CORE member. 

Who is one of your favorite artists? 

One of my favorite artists is the painter Frida Khalo. Since I love to paint I’ve been obsessed with her artwork ever since I was 16 years old. I have so many books, clothing, and memorabilia based on her style. She is such an inspiration to me since she is a strong Latina woman embracing her femininity in her artwork. 

What’s your favorite show?

My favorite show is hands down The Bachelor! I look forward to watching the show every Monday with my friends and trying to guess which women will make it to the very end of the show.

Zaira Garcia is a first-generation student at the University of California San Diego. She is currently a third-year Marshall College student majoring in Public Health. She enjoys fashion, cooking, fitness, makeup, science, and spending time with friends and family.