Snoop Dogg Themed Last Minute Sun God Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Sun God is only 1 day away, and we all know that just like Coachella, the outfits you wear are just as important as the music you hear. While listening to Sun God 2015 playlists, we found a lot of outfit inspirations from Snoop Dogg’s lyrics and music videos. If you are a last minute shopper, like a lot of us are, Her Campus UCSD offers plenty of stylish Snoop Dogg-themed outfit options for that perfect festival Instagram photo shoot!

1. Drop It Like It’s Hot

The first thing that comes to mind when this hit song plays is Pharrell’s tick-tocking beat box skills along with a black and white music video. We were inspired by Snoop and Pharrell’s black and white ensembles in the video, which were paired with a lot of statement jewelry. To achieve the “Drop It Like It’s Hot” look, make your way over to H&M for a classic boho white dress. Polish the look by layering the dress with a structured hat and a color-popping necklace.

2. Sensual Seduction

This video has a retro theme to it, which made us want to sport matching tops and bottoms. Look for a twosie outfit like the one above at a local retailer like Zara or Forever 21. This particular outfit was found at asos.

3. California Gurl

Snoop Dogg and Katy Perry collaborated on this popular track and created a video full of colors and prints. To channel your inner California Gurl, look for printed pieces (not necessarily together), like Snoop’s cupcake suit. If you are comfortable with it, dare to bare your middriff like Katy and her back-up dancers do in this candyland themed video. Both of these pieces could be found at your local Angl.

4. Who Am I? (What’s My Name?)

In this video, Snoop Dogg sports a flannel which goes along with his bad boy persona. If you are going for an edgy, yet still laidback look, try wearing an oversized flannel with a pair of sturdy boots or tie the flannel around your waist under a fly outfit. You can find flannels in thrift stores, Brandy Melville USA, and Forever 21.

5. Wiggle

Although the fringe pockets on a dancer’s shorts probably weren’t the first thing that caught your eyes when watching the “Wiggle” video by Jason DeRulo and Snoop Dogg, it definitely made a statement. Include some fringe into your outfit with a fringe top or a fringe bag. No matter how you wear fringe, it will make your outfit more festival-esque and chill. You could find this specific top at H&M.

No matter what outfit you end up wearing, there is one thing that all Tritons will have in common this coming Sunday: a huge smile and crazy dance moves. Have fun and stay safe Tritons!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.