San Diego Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Fall weather finally arrived in San Diego earlier this week, which caused many collegiettes around campus to break out the leggings, scarves, cardigans, and boots. The cooler weather also came with a longer-than-usual line at the newly-opened Starbucks in PC while we all waited for our Holiday drinks in those infamous red cups. However, the cooler temperatures were short-lived and by the time the weekend rolled around, it was back to the normal 75 degrees of “Sun” Diego. But I have faith that Fall weather will come upon us again soon, so here’s a quick look at this Fall’s style trends to get you ready for the next time your weather app shows a cloud symbol.

Knit Cardigans:

Slouchy. Cute. Comfy. Warm. Versatile. These cardigans are the best things known to San Diegan fashionistas. They make it so easy to layer in the cooler mornings and evenings and they go with leggings or jeans (your choice!). 

Booties:

Combat boots hit the road, booties are here to take over as the latest fall footwear. Short boots are the “in” style, with Steve Madden being my personal favorite brand. Depending on your style preference, you can each snag a pair with a bit of a heel or keep it flat. You can style booties with dresses (with or without tights), cuffed jeans, and lace shorts.

Maxi Skirts:

You may not think this is Fall trend, but with the right print and matched with the right top and outerwear, this seemingly summer trend takes an Autumnal twist. Try to look for skirts with warm tones and vintage floral designs – think shades of red and brown. Pair these with half-tucked flowy long sleeve shirts, chambray shirts, waist-cinching belts, and chunky scarves.

With these trends in mind, you’ll know how to dress for Fall weather in San Diego, even if that means we have to deal with clouds and numbers other than 75 on our Snapchat filter.

Happy shopping!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.