The Newest Sorority on Campus is Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Greek Life has once again expanded at UCSD. The newest addition to Panhellenic Council is Alpha Phi, which brings the total number of Panhellenic sororities to twelve! Alpha Phi was welcomed to our campus with open arms and a lot of support by the rest of the Greek councils. Greek Life is always looking to expand, grow, and promote “Going Greek.” Alpha Phi was founded in 1872 and it’s mission statement is a sisterhood of women supporting one another in lifelong achievement. Those involved in Greek Life are, of course, very excited about our new Panhellenic sisters. But if even if you’re not Greek, Alpha Phi’s presence on campus can still affect you! It’s one more chance for you or your friends to find the right organization to get involved in, adds to the 600+ organizations on campus, increases the number of students involved on campus which can affect alumni contributions, and gives students a chance to donate to another really great cause: Alpha Phi’s philanthropy – women’s heart health. Welcome Alpha Phi!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.