This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

As the end of spring quarter is fast approaching, I’ve been thinking a lot about all the different things I want to do this summer and the places I want to go (mostly to distract myself from midterms season). With this being my first summer as a college student, I am so excited to spend a couple of months in my hometown reuniting with friends and family. Here is what I hope to do this summer:

1. Go to a concert!

Concerts feel like the ultimate summer activity and with so many musical artists touring this summer, it’s the perfect opportunity to see some live music! This made my bucket list as soon as I heard 5 Seconds of Summer was coming to my hometown this summer.

2. Go on a road trip 

My friends and I have always planned on going on a summer road trip, although we have yet to make it a reality. We have been planning a summer trip to Lake Tahoe, which is only about 3 hours away from home! Hopefully, I’ll finally be able to check this one off my list this summer. 

3. Read Read Read!

During the school year, it is so hard to make time to read all the books I have lined up on my reading list. But being free from academic obligations for almost 3 months allows me to spend as much time as I want reading, giving me more reasons to spend time at Barnes & Noble. My goal is to read 6 books this summer! 

4. Beach days

Going to the beach has always been one of my favorite ways to spend my summer days. It is a bit of a drive from home compared to here in La Jolla, but I still plan to make the trip as often as possible. On the days I can’t make it to the beach, I fully plan to be at the pool. 

5. Go to a wedding 

Having a big family, for most of my life summers have always meant countless weddings to the point of annoyance. Although, with COVID and most of my family being out of the country, I have not been able to attend a wedding in about 2 years, and I have missed them more than I thought I would. My family plans on making a trip to Canada for a wedding this summer and I could not be more excited! 

6. Try new foods

Lastly, I really want to try as many food places as possible. There are so many amazing and diverse places to try in the Bay Area and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface. I definitely plan to make a bigger dent in my list this summer. 

Summer break is one of the greatest advantages of still being in school, and I know it is what I’m going to miss most about being a student. I intend to make the most of it and make sure to spend as much time as I can doing the things I love. I hope I was able to give you some inspiration and help add some more items to your own bucket list. Also, along with all the fun activities planned this summer, make sure to spend some time relaxing and catching up on that sleep we missed during the school year!

First-year at UC San Diego majoring in communications Loves reading, writing, and spending time outdoors