Greece
Greece
Original Photo by Avya Bhalla
Life > Experiences

My favourite spots around europe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Isle of Skye
Original photo by Avya Bhalla

Whether it’s for witnessing unique architecture, submerging yourself in Nature’s beauty, or filling your stomach with delicious foods, Europe has a place for everything. Here’s my must-see list in Europe- 

1. Plitvice lakes National Park: Croatia

In the lower elevations of Dinarides, in the central part of Croatia, lies the most beautiful national park. Plitvice lake is known for its crystal-clear lake, stunning waterfalls, and unsurpassable natural beauty. Walking through, you can hear the murmur of the waterfalls echoing through the forest. Want a break from your phone’s constant beep while falling in love with natural beauty? Plitvice lakes is undoubtedly the place you want to you.

2.Amalfi coast: Italy

The drive across the Amalfi coast remains one of the most spectacular car rides I’ve ever taken. There has never been another time every ten meters felt like the perfect picture- stop. It’s a place where you can hike, swim, shop, or sail. The coast has beautiful beaches, stunning resorts, churches and cathedrals, fantastic nightlife, and is just a drive away from the famous Capri. Remember to put on SPF before leaving the house because I guarantee you won’t return until the sun sets. 

3. Paris: France

Paris, the city of love, is one of my favourite cities in Europe. Nothing beats walking down Champs- Elysees with a French baguette and coffee in your hand. It’s home to the iconic Eiffel tower, a tower that is hard to stop looking at. I promise you can feel the love as you walk through those streets. The louvre museum has the most stunning art collection, including the famous Mona- Lisa and Virgin of the Rocks. I still don’t understand the hype around the Mona Lisa, but they say if you stare at its eyes and walk, it moves with you. Lastly, don’t forget to go to Laduree and grab your favourite macaroon on the way to Notre Dame cathedral. 

4. Santorini: Greece

Looking for luxury hotels with a coastal view, sun-kissed beaches, excellent local Greek food, and even better wine? Santorini is your place to go. The architecture builds at the edge of the caldera are the blue- and white houses that flood all our Instagram pages. Get on a boat and spend the day there with your family or best friends so you can jump into the sea and scuba dive your way through heaven. Watch the sunsets; they are inescapable, and end your night with white wine. The drinking age is just eighteen. Definitely have a Gyros while you are in Greece. 

5. Norway

Eiffel Tower Paris
Original Photo by Avya Bhalla

Home to the northern lights, Norway is famous for its remarkable fjords, lakes, and magical skies. It’s also a great place to go, Ske. Visit Mouth Floyen, Geirangerfjord, and Jotunheimen. Enjoy a train ride while you are there. Also, if you love to camp, Norway is the place to pitch a tent and camp in Nature. 

6. Isle of Skye: Scotland

The Isle of Skye speaks for itself. It’s more of a day trip, but its beauty never fails to amaze your eyes. Full-day bus tours ensure you take in the food, castles, and views. Fairy pools and Kilt Rock were my favourite stops. Scotland is famous for its whiskey, so definitely visit and tour a distillery while you are there. 

7. Barcelona: Spain

My favourite city in Spain. Jammed with great food, sightseeing, and amazing nightlife, the vibes of Barcelona are immaculate. I recommend sitting on a hop-on-hop-off bus to tour the city so you can soak it all in. You can also catch a football game at Camp Nou Stadium, home to one of the most successful football teams. There are no words to describe what it feels like to watch Barcelona play a football match live from a bar there. Don’t forget to put on Ed Sheeran’s song Barcelona as you skip through the streets.  

I'm a sophomore at UCSD double majoring in Psychology and Communications. I grew up in New Delhi, India. I am an ardent writer, photographer, pianist, and singer.