Meet Sev Ohanian, Former Triton Turned Hollywood Innovator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Hey colliegettes!

Here’s something to inspire you towards graduation. One of our very own alumni, Sev Ohanian graduated from Sixth College in 2008. When he was 20, he filmed and self-distributed an indie feature film titled My Big Fat Armenian Family that became popular with Armeinian audiences throughout the world.

He then used his profits from the film to pay his way through the USC School of Cinematic Arts where he continued to make successful short films with his classmates. In 2013, Ohanian was a producer on four feature films. He even produced a video filmed with Google Glass that has been viewed 2.5 million times on Youtube.

And if that’s not enough, Ohanian is featured on The Wrap’s 2014 Innovators List: 11 Thought Leaders Who Are Changing Hollywood. Sev Ohanian is featured amongst innovators such as Jimmy Fallon and Angelina Jolie. It’s always great to see fellow UCSD Tritons succeeding after graduation.

I hope this gives you the extra push to keep studying and working hard in classes. Wishing you all the best quarter, collegiettes! 

Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.