Meet Rachel Shroyer: VP Communications of AOII

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Meet Rachel: AOII’s newest VP of Communications and huge Lana Del Ray fan! While this collegiette isn’t busy maintaining her sorority’s social media accounts, she’s having fun with her sorority sisters and listening to a wide range of music. Learn more about this friendly Comp Sci major below!

Name: Rachel Shroyer

Major and Minor: Computer Science with a minor in Business

College: Warren College

Year: Second Year

Where are you from? Windsor, California

What organizations are you a part of? I am the Vice President of Communications for Lambda Iota chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi. 

Who are your favorite musicians? I listen to all kinds of music, but if I had to choose my favorite singer is probably Lana Del Rey. My favorite genre is country music, and my favorite country artists are Billy Currington, Keith Urban, and Dierks Bentley. I also listen to a lot of alternative music like Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Foster the People, The Script, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Coldplay. I also like hip-hop—especially Hoodie Allen.

What is your favorite food? I don’t think I can choose one, but I really like every kind of breakfast food. 

What is your dream date? Definitely Disneyland, or any kind of theme park. I love rides!

If you could study abroad anywhere for free, where would you go? I definitely want to study in England because I have never been there, and I’m interested in the culture and am a big fan of Harry Potter. I’d also like to be in a central location where I can travel all over to places like the Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, and France. 

What is the highlight of your UCSD experience so far? Being a founding member of UCSD’s chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi because colonizing a sorority has been one of the most rewarding experiences, and I know that I have found my future bridesmaids. Also, I’m really excited to see how it grows in the next few years!
First year collegiate at the University of California, San Diego. I am an active member in AOII, and I love musical theater and all things Disney!
Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.