Meet Dustin James

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Dustin James

College: Muir

Year: 3rd

Major: Ecology, Behavior and Evolution

Minor: photography

Meet Dustin James! When he’s not working at Middle of Muir or with parent and family programs, you can usually find him avidly photographing spiders, or napping in Muir Woods.

What do you like about working at MOM and Parent/Family Programs? I like being able to interact with my chill co-workers and everyone from Muir and UCSD in general on the reggie. With parent and family programs, Its fun to meet the parents and families of incoming students because I was there once. Its nice being able to provide them with reassurance that their kids won’t die, because its hard sending your kid off to college in maybe another state or even country. Like I didn’t know how to do laundry when I came to college, but look at me now.

On photography: I realized my passion for photography when I took VIS60, and realized I was putting the most time and effort into my photography as opposed to my other classes. I enjoy it because its relaxing and its a good way to spend quality time with myself, so I figured, hey, why not.

On Free Time: I usually spend free time player Super Smash Brothers. I’m a pretty good smasher. I also like making mixtapes and messing around with my itunes. I usually make covers for my mixtapes by collaging postcards and other cool images I can find.

If you could be anything: I would wanna be a cat because they get to sleep all day, look cute and get stroked like nobody’s business. The life of a cat seems chill.

One meal you can’t live without: fish tacos

I'm a free spirit with a coffee addiction.
Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.