Meet Dominick Suvonnasupa: UCSD’s New A.S. President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Proud Triton and newly elected A.S. President Dominick Suvonnasupa is excited to start his term with council. When he isn’t busy with classes and his A.S. responsibilities you can find him polishing his cooking skills.

Major?Economics

What lead you to run for A.S. President?I saw our council make a lot of progress financially and I want to continue working on it. I also saw a lot of issues that have not been addressed in my two years on A.S. and I really want to bring those to the forefront.

What are your career goals?I don’t have an overall goal, but I love learning and I’m currently looking into entrepreneurship.

What is something about yourself that no one knows?I really like to cook, even though I am not that good at it. Also, I am in a hip-hop dance company!

What is your favorite part about UCSD?I love how diverse it is. Not just in terms of people, but interests, and also location. There is also always something to do, and there are so many different communities on campus to get involved with.

What are you most looking forward to next year?I am looking forward to meeting with my new council. They all have really good ideas, and I am excited to work with them.

What is your biggest goal for next year?I want UCSD to start voting in state/local/federal elections. I want our voices to be heard and to have a unified voice.

Favorite thing to do in SD on the weekends?Jiu-Jitsu, its really relaxing and sometimes we do it on the beach.

UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major
Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.