This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Chelsea is a third year, Marshall RA who loves to spend her spare time looking at sunsets. She is a girl of many talents, take a minute to get to know her!

Name: Chelsea Boceta

College: Thurgood Marshall

Major: Public Health major, Business minor

Hometown: Riverside, CA

extra curricular activities: Kaibigang Pilipin@, Delta Delta Delta, The Vagina Monologues, and I’m an RA at Marshall College

What is your favorite thing about UCSD?

This is a cliche answer, but my favorite thing about UCSD is its proximity to the beach. I feel very blessed to be able to watch the sunset from the cliffs whenever I want. The view is absolutely breathtaking.

How has being an RA shaped you as a person?

Being an RA has given me tougher skin. Sometimes it can be discouraging if residents aren’t responsive to my attempts to engage with them, but that doesn’t stop me from trying and giving it my all.

If you could live anywhere, where it be and why?

Although I’d like to travel the world, I was born and raised in California, and this is where I’d like to live. We have the best of everything here.

Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

I could paint for hours without wanting to stop. If you bring me a canvas, I’ll paint something and give it back to you.

Advice for incoming students?

You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. This is your college experience and your life, so don’t worry about pleasing others; just do what makes you happy.

UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major