Innovative Alumni to Aspire to Be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Two UCSD alumni, Nicklaus Morton and Evan Mendelsohn, have started a business called Tipsy Elves that is dedicated to creating the best and funniest ugly Christmas sweaters. This trend started back in the 1980s and stuck around to current day as themes for parties around the holidays. It certainly has become a necessity this time of year, and Tipsy Elves’ sweaters do not disappoint in their quality and wittiness. Additionally, due to high demand from the exposure they got from their debut on Shark Tank, they’ve started to make college-themed and Halloween sweaters!  Their company is not solely for profit, but they also have partnered with the charity Save the Children. Morton and Mendelsohn show us how a simple idea, through entrepeneurship and perseverance, can turn into a huge success!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.