How to Land the Perfect Summer Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

We look forward to summer with the anticipation that we will finally be able to relax and not have any worries or responsibilities. However, many collegiettes will be consumed by a necessary and resume-boosting job or internship. As some of you may come to find out, landing the perfect internship is not the easiest thing in the world. This is a simple guide for finding internships, and ultimately getting one!

Before you think about applying to internships, having an A+ resume and cover letter is essential. Below are a few helpful resources if you need help with writing your cover letter, or what to put on your resume.

Now that you have a great portfolio, the search begins. First, narrow down your search to your field of study and what particular industries you are interested in. If you can’t find anything, consider broadening your search to other industries or jobs you may be interested in. Here are some great sites to look for internships and jobs, as well as a site for researching potential career paths.

Some other valuable tips:

Good luck collegiettes xo

UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major