Her Campus UCSD Spring Break Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Happy Almost Spring Break collegiettes! We are super excited for Winter quarter to be over, and all we want to be do is plan our spring breaks. We know there are so many things that need to be prepared for and purchased before spring break comes around, so HC UCSD and our amazing sponsors put together a phenomenal Spring Break Survival Kit for our dedicated readers!

Our Survival Kit consists of all the necessary products for a safe and complete spring break.

1. Sabre provided our readers with Campus Safety Pepper Gels, a concentrated non-airborne product that can shoot up to a 12 foot range. Sabre and Her Campus UCSD wants to remind collegiettes to party safely and keep track of your friends. Also, remember to fully charge your phone before heading out!

2. Vacations can be expensive, so many students tend to cut down on food expenses. No need for that! Chipotle Mexican Grill provided our readers with “Buy One Get One Free” coupons for Chipotle burritos, bowls, or tacos. 

3. What do all spring break vacations have in common? Bathing suits. And what do you need to do before putting on your bathing suit? Wax. Completely Bare Products gifted Beauty To Go Sample Wax Packs and it is perfect for all itty bitty bikinis. The wax kits are safe and easy to use, and the results are long lasting. The wax packs are infused with soothing ingredients, but as all waxers know, perform the wax a day or two before the actual event.

4. It is hard enough fitting all your clothes into a suitcase, but you wan’t us to take a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner as well? No way! Not Your Mother’s Haircare’s Clean Freak Shampoo and Conditioner sample packs are the perfect size for your spring break needs. The sulfate, paraben, and dye free shampoo cleans and conditions your hair effortlessly, while leaving your hair with a fresh scent of mint and raspberry. You and your hair will be looking fresh and bouncy as soon as you step out of the shower.

5. Luna Bars are a collegiette must-have product. These gluten free bars keep us full and running throughout classes. Pack a few bars for your road trips so you don’t have to make snack stops along the way.

We will also be giving away Cold-Eeze cold remedy tablets and the Timeline Project journals!

All you need to do to enter our giveaway is:

(1) Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/hercampusucsd

(2) Follow us on Twitter: @hercampusucsd

(3) Follow us on Instagram: @hercampus_ucsd 

(4) Post a picture of what you plan on doing Spring Break and hashtag #hercampusucsd #HCSurvivalKits

The giveaway will be open until March 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM. There will be a few winners! Good luck collegiettes!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.