This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

We often hear the phrase “Eyebrows on Fleek”, but what does that phrase really mean? The answer lies within perfectly shaped, groomed, and shaded-in eyebrows that frame the arguably most important features of your face, your eyes. So how can we ensure that our eyebrows are on fleek? Her Campus UCSD takes you through the 411 on how to get the perfect, jaw-dropping eyebrows to complement your individual face.

We understand that collegiettes have hectic schedules (school, work, and internships have nothing on us) and simply can not afford to put on a full face of make-up on a daily basis, and that all women are born with natural features that are already stunning; however, if you crave a mini pick-me-up or a slight confidence booster, some eyebrow work can do the trick. A quick brow fix magically polishes up a look and effortlessly decieves others into believing you are put together. Below is a picture of a woman before and after doing her eyebrows. As you could see, she looked beautiful without shading in her brows, but you have to admit that she looks a bit more polished once they are filled in. 

So how do you get these brows? First, let’s talk brow shape. There are certain rules that guide which brow shapes balance specific face shapes the finest, however, I encourage collegiettes to try all kinds of brow shapes and see which ones they like best. I personally tried 6 out of 7 of the brow shapes shown below, and am currently sticking with the brow look for the round face even though I have a square shaped face. When trying out different shapes, it is important to know that each brow shape encompasses a different look. For example, a straight brow demonstrates the girl-next-door sweetheart look, while a sharply arched brow has a fiercer, sexier component. 

There are many ways in which you could achieve these different brow looks. You could get it done by a specialist (via waxing or threading), you could daringly pluck your own eyebrows (although not recommended for beginners), or you could purchase eyebrow shaping stencils and remove the hair that does not fit inside the stencil. If you choose to pluck your own eyebrows, follow this foolproof guide to creating the perfect arch.

1. Align the beginning of your brow with the inner corner of your eye.
  2. The highest point of your brows, or the arch, should be created by the point created when connecting a straight line from your inner nostril to your iris.
  3. Your brow should end on the point created when creating a straight line from the outer nostril to the outer corner of your eye.

Whichever shape you choose, make sure your bushy friends are as even as possible. “Eyebrows are sisters, not twins” is a common saying within the aesthetic community, but it is crucial that your brows look like close siblings, not siblings that haven’t spoken to each other in years; otherwise, your look will not be as polished.

Now that your brows are on point (haha get it?), we can move on to the nitty-gritty of perfecting your brow look. A well shaped brow is beautiful, but unless you were blessed with full brows (ahem, Kendall Jenner), if the brow is not filled in, it is not perfect. To fill in your brows, you could try to grow your hair to be naturally thick with an organic brow serum, or you could shade your brows in with a colored make-up gel, wax/pomadepowder, or pencil. Choose your brow shader depending on your desired intensity.

There are different ways in which you could shade in your eyebrow, but the tactics are the same. You could get the make-up artist ombre/gradient brow, the full and most coveted Cara Delevingne brow, or a natural looking Beyonce brow all by following a few simple steps. These brow beauties achieved their look by first outlining the shape of their eyebrows, and then shading in uneven spots, to the desired amount, to create the finished look.

Once you have shaded in brows, you are all set and ready to go. If you plan on taking pictures, or being out of the house for long, apply highlighter or luminizer extending underneath the arch of your brow to its end. You could also set your fabulous brows with a tinted or clear brow gel. 

Now get out there, put on your eyebrows, and strut your stuff around campus like it is a runway. Girl, your eyebrows are on fleek.

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.