david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy Halloween Flavors with Acai Roots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Halloween is a time for wearing costumes, putting on ridiculous amounts of make up, and binging on chocolate… Right? Wrong! At Her Campus, we love dressing up and munching on sweets once in a while, but we also promote healthy lifestyles. We found an amazing organic acai berry products company, Acai Roots, and asked them to share some recipes for Halloween with us. If you are planning on hosting a Halloween party this year, swap the mini Snickers bars for these delicious and healthy treats! 

Acai Roots Spooky Juice

This is a drink that will is sure to get you buzzin without having to taste the vodka. We tested the drink out and it tasted like fruity juice! Although the drink is tasty, make sure you pace your alcohol and drink responsibly! If you want to create a non-alcoholic version of this treat, replace the vodka with Sprite and the strawberry liquer with strawberry juice!

Ingredients

• 2 ounces vodka
  • 1 ounce Acai Roots Premium Acai Juice
  • 1/2 ounce strawberry liquer
  • 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • a handful of berries for garnish

Acai Roots Berry Scary Acai Bowl

We all know that there is an acai bowl craze going on in Southern California. After a long night of partying, you should replenish your body with healthy vitamins and liquids. Create this acai bowl and have a delicious treat that can help prevent a hangover with your closest friends!

Ingredients

• 1 scoop of organic Acai Roots Sorbet or 1 Acai Roots Smoothie Pouch
  • 4 oz soy milk
  • 1 frozen banana

Blend all of these ingredients together until the consistency is smooth. You can top your acai bowl with blackberries, blueberries, and chocolate granola.

You can get your Acai Roots products at 8385 Mirimar Mall, San Diego, CA 92121

No matter how you spend your Halloween, make sure you stay safe collegiettes! Happy Halloween!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.