burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC UCSD Talks Oscars Fashion!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Did you watch the Oscars this past weekend, collegiettes? Most of us probably were working on papers, completing labs, or preparing for finals, but hopefully we all caught a bit of the show and, of course, the amazing Oscar style and dresses!  The beautiful fashions found on the red carpet this year were surely drool-worthy; celebrities came rocking down the carpet in elegant cuts, shimmery fabric, and sparkly accents. Her Campus wants to share some of our favorite red carpet trends, so here we go! 

1. Nice and Neutral

One trend that was prevalent Oscar night was dresses in nudes and neutrals—many stars went for white (Portia de Rossi and Kristin Bell), nude or beige (Cate Blanchett, Sarah Paulson, and Kerry Washington), and black (Meryl Streep, Emma Watson and Anne Hathaway, below).

2. Drama Queen

Other stars came in bold and dramatic hues like the always-classic red (Jennifer Lawrence and Bette Midler), deep navy (Amy Adams and Sandra Bullock, below), or forest green (Idina Menzel, below). 

3. Pretty in Pastel

Still more celebrities picked delicate pastels that reminded us all that spring is upon us, like baby pink (Penelope Cruz) and baby blue (Lupita Nyong’o).

4. Shine On 

Metallics were also a theme, and several celebrity ladies came in dresses of gold and silver (Kristin Chenoweth, Angelina Jolie).

Regardless of our opinions on the Oscar winners, everyone deserved recognition for the amazing work they have done this past year. We love movies and love the Oscars for celebrating them! And, of course, we mustn’t forget the beautiful red carpet gowns!

Her Campus wants to know, what trend was your favorite? Who do you think wore it best?