Halloween Costumes on a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and whether you’re attending a sorority party, going trick-or-treating or simply heading to Chipotle for that free boo-rito, here are some quick and inexpensive ideas on homemade costumes that fit any personality.

If you’re wanting to embrace your quirky side for the night, try a DIY gumball machine costume–Simply buy or find an inexpensive white tee shirt and glue colorful pom poms on the front and top it off with a colorful skirt.

All about gender equality, even on Halloween night? Embrace your inner feminist and channel your inner Beyonce or Rosie the Riveter (or Beyonce as Rosie the Riveter…) with a red bandana and chambray shirt or black leotard and teased curls.

Going with a date? Try emulating famous cartoon couples–you’ll probably already have the materials in your closet! From Cosmo and Wanda to Daphne and Fred or Pebbles and Bam Bam, you’ll have limitless options without having to limit your budget.

If costumes aren’t you’re thing, makeup can easily transform your identity! And with YouTube tutorials ranging from pop art characters to zombies, there is nothing a little fake blood and eyeliner can’t do.

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.